622 installed today

sonic2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
North Carolina
Our 622 and 522 were installed today and everything went very well. A independent contractor (Bill of Galaxy 1) was given the job. When Bill arrived he looked over what we had installed (4700 in the family room and a 510 in the bedroom), then meet with both my wife and I and went over what he would like to do and change (622 in the family room and second feed to the kitchen, 522 in the bedroom and the kids room). He basically took out everything that was installed 6 years ago (cabling, switches, etc.) and started over. Ran all new rg6, switches, ground cables, etc. This install was as neat as the first, and that one was done while the house was still being built. After getting everything done and the receivers activated Bill went over everything with both of us and answered all our questions.
I was extremely skeptical in the beginning when I placed the order for these receivers after reading the horror stories of others installs, but all turned out well for us, especially my wife after she saw what HD was really like. Now she has taken charge of the remote and has been watching all HD since BIll left at 12:30pm today. I hope she lets me have a turn later ;)

Just a quick addition. The one thing that impressed us most was that Bill left us his business card and ask us to call him first if we had any questions or problems before calling Dish.

Last edited:
sonic2000 said:
Our 622 and 522 were installed today and everything went very well. A independent contractor (Bill of Galaxy 1) was given the job. When Bill arrived he looked over what we had installed (4700 in the family room and a 510 in the bedroom), then meet with both my wife and I and went over what he would like to do and change (622 in the family room and second feed to the kitchen, 522 in the bedroom and the kids room). He basically took out everything that was installed 6 years ago (cabling, switches, etc.) and started over. Ran all new rg6, switches, ground cables, etc. This install was as neat as the first, and that one was done while the house was still being built. After getting everything done and the receivers activated Bill went over everything with both of us and answered all our questions.
I was extremely skeptical in the beginning when I placed the order for these receivers after reading the horror stories of others installs, but all turned out well for us, especially my wife after she saw what HD was really like. Now she has taken charge of the remote and has been watching all HD since BIll left at 12:30pm today. I hope she lets me have a turn later ;)

Just a quick addition. The one thing that impressed us most was that Bill left us his business card and ask us to call him first if we had any questions or problems before calling Dish.

Great! I like when they leave their card/number. That's not a typical installer.

Got any pics?

THats few of the good installer you has encounted, I think he is a local guy, and you lucky he left you the business card.

My dish installer, last week, left the local office number and told me to ask for a senior guy (cant remember the exact words) if i get an issue.
He also got on my roof (saw another post on them not doing this) as he didnt have ladders long enough to get to the dish when repeaking it.
Overall much better experience than my last independent who left stuff all over my deck and ran out without peaking my new d1000 properly.

I always leave my business card along with instructions to call me first if there is a problem. I sometimes spend more time going over how to use the system with the customer then it took me to install it. When I leave I make sure they are happy with my install and that I have addresses all their concerns. It is really great how many new customers I get from referrals from happy customers. BTW I am a independant.

Most of galaxies guys are jokes, but I have run into Bills work recently and the guy is top notch, best sub contractor work I have ever seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)