622 L3.57 Software Release Notes

My Harmony 680 works great for turning on and off just about everything. Can even control my X10 lighting. Won't turn on my old FM tuner as it is a 'real' push on button. Haven't filled up its memory yet.

If there were descrete codes to turn on and off a Dish receiver, they would be available but apparently the Dish receivers don't have them. The Harmony remembers what condition it left it in. If on it will turn it off and vice versa. If you manually turn on a Dish receiver the harmony won't know this and turn it off when it is told to turn it on. This is where the 'help' button comes into play. It walks you through each unit asking yes and no questions until everything is back in sync again.

So far the only problem I have on the 622 setup is for the DVR button. For some reason it won't work. Does work on my 921. I have a work-around for the 622 by going to menu and picking up the DVR from there. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on this idiosyncrasie. (sp)

I have a Harmony 676 and I have been able to program every key I need. I use one of the six programable buttons at the top for DVR. It works just like the DVR on the 622 remote.

plw said:
I have a Harmony 676 and I have been able to program every key I need. I use one of the six programable buttons at the top for DVR. It works just like the DVR on the 622 remote.
I programmed that button for the 622 same as the 921. For some strange reason it doesn't work on the 622. Darn!

guruka said:
Yes, the 622 (unlike the 921) has discrete on and off codes.
.....G
Hmm, how does one find out if this is true? If it is, I will have to log onto the Logitech/Harmony site again and reprogram that function.

I Googled "discrete remote command" and "DishPlayer"... and came up with this from the the tech portal:

Discrete Power On/Off

Some after-market, universal remote controls need two discrete buttons for Power On and Power Off. Because the remote does not have two free buttons, this feature had to be implemented using a sequence of buttons.
  1. Press and hold the SAT button at the top of the remote until all mode button backlights illuminate (about 3 seconds), then release.
  2. While the SAT mode light blinks, press and release the large satellite Power button.
  3. Press Volume Up for discrete power on. Press Volume Down for discrete power off.
  4. Press the Select button to exit.
It's the last entry in the document found here http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/TechRemo3.1Trou.shtml

EDIT: The 676 has a "learning function" that I used to teach it a variety of commands from all of my equipment remotes, including (I think) the DVR functions from my old 942. It took some time to get everything set up the way I wanted it but, IMO it was well worth the time.

Last edited: