622 Lease upgrade question

mitchfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
So, I signed up for Dish last week and the install is scheduled for this saturday. Because they will NOT refund the $199 lease upgrade fee on the 622 DVR, I decided to get two regular HD recievers instead (211) in order to evaluate the service for 30 days with less risk. My plan is to upgrade one of them to the 622 if I'm happy with Dish. The sales rep told me that this will be possible and the upgrade fee would be $199, the same as if I had done it at the time of sign-up. I'm on an 18mo commitment contract, and the Gold HD package.

After reading some other threads here, I'm now concerned that I might NOT be able to upgrade my lease to the 622. Can anyone here clarify this for me? I'm afraid that maybe the Dish sales person just told me what I wanted to hear.

Thanks,
Mitch

OK, I called Dish customer service and got some more info. They said if I decide to upgrade hardware within 3 days of installation any "upgrade" fees would be waived and I'd only have to pay the Lease fee. When I asked how much these other fees would be after the 3 days she couldnt give an exact amount but said between $49 and $89. I was NOT told about this by the sale rep!

So, at this point I'm really unsure what will happen if I try to upgrade to the 622 after the install. Maybe it's better to go ahead and get the DVR now and eat the $199 if I don't like DISH than to risk a huge headache trying to upgrade after the fact.

-m

Hey Mitch,

You might be happier in the long run with the DVR. When I made the switch to HD, I got the 811. After using a DVR for umpteen years, I really missed the ability to record the shows I like in HD. I upgraded from there to the 942 then to the 622. I have a 411 in the bedroom basically for the news and a 622. I'll be getting another 622 at the end of the month.

Trying to do things after the fact is kind of like playing Russian Roulette. SOme are told one thing, others another.

S~

Get the DVR now. After using it for a short time, you'll be so thankful you did, and you'll never go back.

Phrase of the day for you: "30 second skip ahead button" :D

thanks for the replies. yes, I do want the DVR since I currently have TWO hd-dvrs with charter. the reason I was going to wait was to avoid eating the $199 if I decide I want to cancel Dish within the 30 day period. However with the quality of Charter signal and service getting worse by the day I really dont see a viable option.

On a related note, has anyone had success LEASING two 622's yet?

-m

mitchfx said:
thanks for the replies. yes, I do want the DVR since I currently have TWO hd-dvrs with charter. the reason I was going to wait was to avoid eating the $199 if I decide I want to cancel Dish within the 30 day period. However with the quality of Charter signal and service getting worse by the day I really dont see a viable option.

On a related note, has anyone had success LEASING two 622's yet?

-m

I have read threads about it but don't remember what they had to do but officially I believe is not allowed. Try search for details but it can be done. At least that is what I can remmeber

Chop-Chop said:
I have read threads about it but don't remember what they had to do but officially I believe is not allowed. Try search for details but it can be done. At least that is what I can remmeber

I'm not sure if it applies to you but the upgrade link says limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners. 2 622s would be 4 tuners right?

Your are only allowed 1 622 with each upgrade but I guess you could buy and additional 622 but that would be expensive.

You are only allowed on 622 on a work order, its a software constraint. After the first is installed and the work order is closed, call and order another one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)