622 locking up

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
Just got hooked up today and the 622 has locked up and went through a reboot twice. Any ideas?

A couple. How hot is your unit? Hit menu 6, 3, counters, page down 3 times and tell us your temperatures. Do you have it in a closed cabinet?

I did check that but haven't found what the normal range is. I have it in an open cabinet.

HDD high temp 131
HDD Low temp 50
HDD Avg temp 100

I don't believe they're high. I'm going on my second week with my 622 and those are the temperatures I have, they haven't changed since day one.

High 127
Low 69
Avg. 109

What are you doing when the receiver reboots? Are you watching TV, watching a recording, OTA? Just trying to find something that will trigger the reboot.

Got my 622 on Tuesday. It locked up three times last night. Always after trying to add new OTA HD channels.

Plus I'm having some issues with HDMI. Sometimes the colors go all funky, power cycling the TV fixes it. Don't think it's a 622 issues per se, maybe a minor incompatibility issue. I think I'll switch back to using component.

I got my 622 installed yesterday and used component cables and optical audio. My temps are close to yours and so far everything is running fine. I did experience one lockup when swapping back from PIP with OTA and SAT. I didn't have to reboot as it somehow fixed itself. Try using component and see what happens like you said and report back.

The first time I tried to record an OTA HD program it drops frames. After being a happy Dish customer since 11/97, I have to say I'm totally unimpressed with the 622. But then, why make it work when they have us locked in for 18 months??

I have had mine one week and have experienced about four lockups. I seems to have occurred while I am in the menu making system changes. Being that is was new I was configuring it to my liking.

Maybe it can not handle my liking. :)

The first time I tried to record an OTA HD program it drops frames. After being a happy Dish customer since 11/97, I have to say I'm totally unimpressed with the 622. But then, why make it work when they have us locked in for 18 months??

I have to say, I'm totally surprised by this comment. The 622 is so much better than all the other E* boxes.

I've had pretty good luck with both my 622s so far, but one is def quieter than the other. they were both about the same, then all of a sudden my bedroom one would get very quiet after being off for 2 to 5 mins. avg temp on the quieter 622 is 105, and avg temp on the noisier 622 is 118...on a separate note, something i noticed is that I couldnt lock out too many channels at once. (i went through and locked out everything i have no intention of ever watching). did this so i'd have much less to wade through. only have about 125 of the 700+ visible, but had to lock em out in smaller batches. this makes those first three EPG lists more manageable for me. still wish we didnt HAVE to view those first 3, and that we could have more than 4 favorites list. another random observation: 084 (HSN) ALWAYS unlocks after the daily update on both 622s. wonder if Dish is in bed with HSN...ha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts