622 modulated signal before or after antenna amp?

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Considering running the modulated signal from a 622 into my house's antenna coax system which is run throughout the house. I have a combination adjustable amp/ splitter which takes the antenna feed amplifies it, and distributes it to up to four outputs.

Should I install a combiner (reverse splitter) with the modulated signal from the 622 before, or after the antenna amp? Obviously I would like to combine it before the amp/splitter.

Also, will the modulated signal from the 622 affect the antenna signal in any way? I have some finicky digital OTA channels.......

Considering running the modulated signal from a 622 into my house's antenna coax system which is run throughout the house. I have a combination adjustable amp/ splitter which takes the antenna feed amplifies it, and distributes it to up to four outputs.

Should I install a combiner (reverse splitter) with the modulated signal from the 622 before, or after the antenna amp? Obviously I would like to combine it before the amp/splitter.

Also, will the modulated signal from the 622 affect the antenna signal in any way? I have some finicky digital OTA channels.......

TV2 output is +17dbMv at the port. It's plenty of juice to distribute, hence "home distribution" marked on the back of the IRD.

I would probably have the antenna feed go into the AMP, then use the combiner after with the modulated signal. Be sure to modulate on a channel not in use OTA.

I know you've already got an amp, but here is how I took care of distributing/mixing my modulated 622 signals in my home.

I had picked up a Channel Plus DA8200 distribution amp.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-790

It has a dedicated antenna input, along with two inputs for "modulated" signals. All is combined and output through 8 amplified RG connectors.

I believe Channel Plus makes similar models with fewer lines out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts