622, new HD, new fees... Please help!!!

talonz55

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Ridgewood, New York
I am new to the site and, reading all the posts, it is getting very confusing regarding this "upgrade" to MPEG-4. Calling DISH is no help as their CSRs sound that they have just quickly come up for air after keeping their heads in the sand... I currently am subscribed to their America's Everything pak (Voom, Dish Network HD, locals, all premium channels, etc.), a waiver to DVR fees and have two boxes (an owned 921 and a leased 508). My bill comes out to about $105.

How does the new pricing tiers apply to what I have, if I were to upgrade the 921 to a 622? Also, since I own the 921, in order to get this alleged $200 rebate in April, do I have to give them back the 921 that I spent over $600.00 to get in the first place? Is this a confirmed rebate or is this just speculation? Concerning the receiver, does it have an HDMI cable or do we have to get one? And, given the fact that I have been reading that the other new MPEG-4 receiver is having difficulties (aka SMOKING) with the HDMI, is it even worth upgrading at this point?

So confused, so confused:confused: ... Damn you, DISH???!!!

--------------------

Toshiba 65" TheaterWide HD Monitor Projection TV (65H84)
Panasonic 1000W Home Theater System/Built-In Progressive Scan 5-DVD Changer (SC-HT930)
Dish 921 HD-DVR
Xbox 360
Philips 32" Faux Flat II Direct View Television (32PT563S)
Dish 508 DVR
Apex Progressive-Scan DVD Player (AD-2500)
Xbox

As posted in other places don't call dish until after 2/1/06, If wait a few days after the 1st of Feb you will be better off. The offical release date for MPEG 4 boxes is 2/1/06 until then CSR are some what in the dark.

tanks, ccg3:up ... unfortunate that DISH does not educate their employees on changes to their business strategies... it would make life a lot easier on their subs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)