622— no signal til restart

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I thought I was having sat issues when one of my 622s kept getting the "no sat signal" message. Discovered all others in the house were. Checked connections and all were good. Then, I unplugged the unit, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in, and all was good.

Is this typical? Just an anomaly? Or is it preview of bad things to come with this unit?

Appreciate thoughts/experiences with this!

That is called a hard reboot.
First try a soft reboot by holding the front-panel power button for more than 10 sec.
The unit will reboot once a day on its own, nominally at 3 AM but changeable in the menus.
This reboot is likely to fix and bad-coding memory leakage.
If you just need to get the guide reloaded you can menu-6-1-1 (?) to point satellite and check switch. But the power button is easier.
-Ken

Well It's now MUCH worse. Spent 45 minutes with Dish Support, only to be told they would have to send someone out--and that I would have to pay 99.00 for it!

If I can get some guidance here, I'd appreciate it.

I have 3 VIP622s. Two of them are getting all their signals just fine. One is not. Here is what I am getting now:

Sat input 1: 110 and 119 show "OK "
Sat input 2: RED X under 110 box labeled "Trans"

And at the botom of each respective sat box:

Sat input 1 Reception Verified, switch SW64
Sat input 2 reception Error, switch DP Feed

I have checked all the connections to the 622 and outside at ground level. Roof is too high for me to get to. I am thinking something has come loose, connection-wise. Does that make sense?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Why not try hooking up the "broken" 622 to the connections for a different 622 (after unhooking the later, of course). That would isolate the problem to the 622 or some not-so-obvious problem with the cabling.

Yes, I guess I could do that, but there are so many things hooked up to each that it's a HUGE pain to do that. I was hoping someone here would know what those messages mean-- and if it's likely to be up at the dish or in the cable or yes, maybe the 622 itself.

ctjr: Do you really have an SW64 switch? So you have 2 cable from each of 3 feeds--110 119 129/61.5. You didn't mention the third bird.

With a DP 44 switch or switch in the feed horn you might expect one of the "Separated" inputs to be be weak if any non-RG-6 cable, non-blue feed-through, or grounding block was not up to the higher frequency requirements of DP multiplexing of the 2 tuner feeds into 1 cable run. Or if there was corrosion.
-Ken

Unfortunately, I'm not saavy enough to know what kind of switch I have. :(

I do recall something about two lines from each-- I know I have lot's of cables!

I also have an additional cable running from ths paticular 622 p to a 4th TV for that sharing feature.

The box seems OK in other respects--playback of recorded shows and I can still get my OTA signals through it.

Last edited:
tech came out and said it was the 622-- so far,looks like he was right. No more issues and my sig strength is higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts