622 on ebay!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
The new 622 receivers are currently selling on ebay!!! It looks like the first bid date ends on 01/30 but the add states shipment withing 48 hours. So I guess that gets them past the 2/1 date. The prices are currently bidding about $100 higher than the 942s ending bid prices but the 622 prices will probably go up before bid end.

If their going out the "back door" buyer beware. His narrative leaves much to think about.

"This is the New HD VIP 622 reciever that is replacing the existing 942 DVR from Dish Network. This is awesome. These reciever are not out circulation yet and wont be until Feb. 1st. I have this reciever and can get more. I work for Echostar (Dish Network).This is an MPEG 4 reciever with a 350 gb hard drive. Recording time in HD is 30 hours and 200 in standard definition. Remote control for TV1 is RTPI and for TV2 is UHF. Now TV1 will be in HD only TV2 will be viewed in Standard Definition. Unless set to single mode and viewing both screens on PIP. There will also be some HD non DVR recievers comming Feb. 1st which is the vip 211 and vip 411. They are both the same. I will have them available by Monday the 31st. So keep an eye out for them. If you buy this and like it and want to get quantity at a time for resell. I can help."

Hmm, I wonder how he is able to qualify people that were previously turned down and without a credit card, contract or social security number?

622 buy or lease

Claude Greiner said:
I will say this, some of the regional service providers got them in on Friday. As a retailer they told me not to expect anything till Monday.

BTW, the photo was stolen from my Website at dishstore.net
I have asked this many times, is there any difference in monthly fees between owning or leasing a 622? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

halsan40 said:
I have asked this many times, is there any difference in monthly fees between owning or leasing a 622? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
According to this there is a $6 lease fee. Also I think if you own, you can get the standalone HD package.

Good police work Claude. As of this post there are no bids. If it is bought for $500.00 is this below wholesale? Claude is this below wholesale? I would say yes it is.
Claude Greiner said:
I will say this, some of the regional service providers got them in on Friday. As a retailer they told me not to expect anything till Monday.

BTW, the photo was stolen from my Website at dishstore.net

Last edited:
hiker said:
According to this there is a $6 lease fee. Also I think if you own, you can get the standalone HD package.
Finally an answer. Thank you so much. Let's see an additional fee of $6.oo for leasing would be a payback in 58 months. Wow thats about 5 years. I guess I will lease.

FYI
This guy says: I have this reciever and can get more. I work for Echostar (Dish Network).

In another one of his auctions he says: This is a 942 dual tuner dvr from dish network. It is new in box. I bought it but i was never able to buy my hd tv then still decided to go back with direct tv.

??????????????????????

Can anyone say scam? One day auction with IMMEDIATE payment expected. This guy is looking for money to buy drugs.:devil:

Indy said:
Can anyone say scam? One day auction with IMMEDIATE payment expected. This guy is looking for money to buy drugs.:devil:
As an off and on E Bay seller I also request immediate payment (within 24 hrs).
PayPal gives you some protection but who wants to go through the hassle?
I agree this deal doesn't smell right.

Last edited:
I was looking at the auction that looked legitament (not the $585 BIN) and asked him if he had them 'in hand'.

The response leads me to believe that he is selling contigent on getting them from the E* retailer warehouse in his area.

Here is what he wrote:
" pick up equipment on wednesdays and ship on friday or saturday depending on the load. I am a direct retailer so I can get as many as the warehouse has in stock every week. Let me know if you are interested"

The $585 item is clearly a scame - but i did think about it for an hour or so. Take the chance and hope it works out, but being fully prepared to fight for my money back. In the end it is simply not worth the $50-70 savings.

622 lease or buy

I wrote Scott Greczkowski a PM with this question and he ignored me.
Can anyone tell me if the is any differences in the monthly charge between leasing a 622 or owning it?
Thank you

Sorry I have been having problems with my PM's I accidently deleted a page of them in PDA mode/ :(

There is really no difference, you pay the extra outlet fee or your pay the lease fee, both are the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)