622 OTA Tuner

bigblock468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
north carolina
I have a 622 connected to my antenna and it will only find about half the channels that my Olivia's OTA tuner will pull in. Is there any way to improve the 622's tuner? Any help would be appreciated :confused:

BB468

(1) Make sure you do not have the supplied attenuator in the input line. Only if very close to station.
(2) Use a UHF/VHF amplifier say 10dB to each outlet. 25dB is likely too much. Not if any signal is 100% without it.
(3) Have a good antenna of the appropriate type. Not just UHF if some channels have gone to VHF.
(4) You do not want to have any weak channels in your list as their lack of signal may cause your satellite channels to have an yellow-box error/warning message and be blocked at random times even though neither output is viewing the OTA. Always leave last OTA channel viewed on a strong signal.
-Ken

Have you tried inputing the channels individually? I have never been able to scan all my available ota but was able to add them manually.
Always add channels individually as I have a rotator on the antenna and pick up channel from 3 different compass settings. If I want to DVR something OTA I change the antenna position. I don't have the attenuator connected to the 622. I have a splitter between the antenna in and the 622 and my Olivia. I watch the Olivia via HDMI and send the 622 to my projector via component. When I'm watching OTA via the 622 to the Olivia I'll get the yellow screen of death, then switch imputs on the TV to RF in and I'll get the channel. My question is can the OTA tuner in the 622 be improved? :confused:

BB468

My 622 and 722 had very close SS's to my panny tvs (2) and Im 40 miles from the towers. I think setup/location, antenna and splitters matter too. I wouldnt say the dish tuners are bad, you should see the am21 tuner at Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)