622 Photos and Install Tips!

622- Fan/Run all the time?

Don't know anything about the 942 as I have a 921 in which the unit fan runs all the time (real bummer). Does the 622 power down completely (as in NO noise)? Thanks, Gerry

My TV only had a DVI input. Anyone have any problems with the HDMI to DVI connector cables, or have there been zero issues?

If they had analog OTA input, we'd want to record it. That would require the box to encode the analog signal into a digital signal in real time for compatible storage on the hard disk. An unnecessary expense.

How many people still can't get their stations in digital form, anyway? I'll bet most just don't realize the digital signals are there.

navychop said:
How many people still can't get their stations in digital form, anyway? I'll bet most just don't realize the digital signals are there.

I have 2 or 3 mostly, nearby independents. Also though I get all my main networks from Austin, my San Antonio networks still can only be recieved here in analog(they do broadcast in digital, but signal is always 35-40) due to the fact that the SA locals are broadcast from the opposite side of town whereas Austins are on our side(only 60mi away). But I can always just watch these on the TV:) .

David_Levin said:
Thanks Scott,

So what's with that audio sync setting? So, does that mean I have to switch it whenever I want to archive to DVD?

Does the 942 have this too? How badly is the sync off if the setting is wrong?

The difference in sync has to do with how much processing the 622 has to do to convert the HD video to something your TV can use. If the incoming signal is 720p, for example, and your TV is 720p native, and you have the 622 set to output 720p, there shouldn't be much delay between SD and HD. If you're converting the 720p to 1080i, there is some delay, and I suspect it would vary depending on whether the source is film or video.

I HOPE that the fact that they have this setting is a good indication that the receiver actually WILL sync HD video and audio. Neither my 6000 or my 921 does a very good job of this, and I've been considering getting an outboard audio delay processor. Maybe now I'll wait and see what you beta testers find out about the 622. ;)

Brad

Shamus46 said:
Will somebody please post what cables come with the 622?:confused:

According to the DishNetwork tech portal (http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/622.shtml), here's what the 622 comes with. Though it will be nice to have this confirmed when someone actually gets a reciever.

Cables and Accessories
Standalone List

(1) 5.3 IR Remote
(1) 6.3 IR/UHF Pro Remote
(1) UHF Antenna
Appropriate HD cable for install
(1) HDTV Digital Audio/Video to DVI Cable (8 ft)
(1) DVI to HDTV Digital Audio/Video Adapter
(1) Y/Pb/Pr 3-Wire Cable (red, blue, green) (6 ft)

(1) S-Video Cable (8 ft)
(1) RCA 3-Wire Cable (red, white, yellow) (8 ft)
(1) RJ-11 Telephone Cable (25 ft)
(1) 15 db Attenuator
(8) 1.5V AAA Battery

grecni said:
Appropriate HD cable for install
(1) HDTV Digital Audio/Video to DVI Cable (8 ft)
(1) DVI to HDTV Digital Audio/Video Adapter

Please correct me if I am wrong but this sounds like it does not have a HDMI to HDMI cable so you have to run more than one cable to get video and audio.

JamesThurber said:
Please correct me if I am wrong but this sounds like it does not have a HDMI to HDMI cable so you have to run more than one cable to get video and audio.

The HDTV Digital Audio/Video to DVI Cable is the HDMI cable.;)

Shamus46 said:
The HDTV Digital Audio/Video to DVI Cable is the HDMI cable.;)

I understand that it is HDMI on one end but by the description the other is DVI. My tv only has HDMI and I would prefer a one cable solution vs having to run the HDMI to DVI with the adapter and then running the composite audio over as well. I don't mind having to get a new cable I just figured that they would do HDMI to HDMI and then include an adapter for those tvs that only have DVI inputs.

So we should know soon if there is going to be a HDMI problem with the 622 as opposed to the 211 everyone is talking about? I bought two HDMI cables just for the purpose of connecting my 622 to my new 50" plasma since this was the preferred method by a number of people. Time will tell!

JamesThurber said:
I understand that it is HDMI on one end but by the description the other is DVI. My tv only has HDMI and I would prefer a one cable solution vs having to run the HDMI to DVI with the adapter and then running the composite audio over as well. I don't mind having to get a new cable I just figured that they would do HDMI to HDMI and then include an adapter for those tvs that only have DVI inputs.

That’s what the DVI to HDTV Digital Audio/Video Adapter is for.

JamesThurber said:

I don't believe Dish passes audio over HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)