622 Problems!! Please advise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cokeswigga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
I just had my 622 installed today,
Before you tell me to reset or unplug and let sit or check switch, I have done all this:

and now I have noticed that I STILL have the following problems:

1a.) I cannot record anything! When I press record, the red light comes on, but nothing shows up in the "My Recordings" I cannot "stop" the recording either. When I try to change channels, it asks if I want to stop recording, I select yes, the channel changes but the red light stays on. Nothing happens when I press stop. It will continue to ask me if I want to stop recording everytime I change the channel, until the program is over

1b.) When I select a show in the future to record, it shows up in the scheduled list, but after the program is over, it doesn't record. Nothing shows up in the "My Recordings. On the EPG it has the little red circle with a number 1 or 2 in it.

2.) I have a REALLY annoying ticking noise coming from the RCA audio output from TV1. I doesn't do it on TV2 Output.

3.) I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in the diagnostics menu, there is a "hard Drive" diagnostic selection which is ghosted out.

I have called tech support, and they asked me to hard boot, and unplug.

He scheduled the higher tech support to call me within 24 hours.
He did tell me that the ticking sound was a known "temporary software issue"
but why is it effecting only TV1 RCA out's!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had a similar recording problem. In addition to the hard reboot (turn off, unplug, wait a few minutes) I did a reset to factory defaults. That seems to have cleared it for me. I think during initial set-up it's best to avoid any significant time gap between the time the system is plugged in and the actual account activation.

The last time I checked, the hard drive diagnostic section was also ghosted out on mine. Don't know if that's standard or not.

Last edited:
While watching a channel are you able to jump back 10 seconds? When you do this, it is reading from the hard disk. If you are not able to do this, then it is another indication of a failed disk or one that needs reformatting.

During the initial setup and activation did you see a message saying something like: "'All programs have been cleaned off the disk, and it is ready for use.'?"

Not sure if there is a way for a user to re-initialize the box. Perhaps the advanced tech can do so.

Please keep us posted with your 622's status.

cebbigh said:
I think during initial set-up it's best to avoid any significant time gap between the time the system is plugged in and the actual account activation.

I went 4 days from initial plug in. I couldn't get Dish to activate until install 4 days later. I didn't experience these problems for me, not to say it would cause problems for others.

Since the machine records the channel as you watch, can you do a pause or rewind on the current channel?

:UPDATE:

I found that I was able to pause/rewind and forward live programs, but it still will not recored anything.

Dish is sending me a new unit and they will dissect the old one

Cokeswigga said:
:UPDATE:

Dish is sending me a new unit ...

Although discouraging for you, getting a new unit is probably the only viable choice given what you described. I think you just got a lemon. Good luck on the next one. Mine is operating virtually flawlessly.

Problem returned 2 times since last post. Called Dish each time. The last time the Advanced Tech had me go through a lengthy series of steps to make the system recreate the problem again after it cleared. He said he had it all documented and was turning it over to a seperate group to look into it. Has been running ok since that call and that was 2 days ago, This is the longest I've had it going without a problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)