622 reboot problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kurtdh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Installers just left, installed my new 622. They cover the entire Tallahassee area, and they informed me I am the first person in Tallahassee to have a 622 professionally installed! Wheeeee! :)

This is my question though. The 622 was working fine for about 5 minutes when it just turned off by itself. It turned on about 30 seconds later and worked fine for another few minutes before it turned itself off and then back on about 30 seconds later. It worked for another few minutes, then turned itself off again, and now it's been off for about 15-20 minutes. I tried hitting the power button once, but that does not turn the receiver on. Is this normal? Should I leave it alone? How long should I leave it alone for? It didn't warn me it was shutting down, it almost looked as if the receiver lost power, that's how abruptly it shut off.

No, it's not in a cabinet.

It's just sitting on top of a coffee table right next to the TV.

The installer was still there when it happened. He said the 942 did the same exact thing, and that I should just give it a while.

I'm really upset right now.

Since my receiver turned itself off, I can't get it to come back on. I called tech support and they had me unplug it from the power strip and plug it directly into the wall. I did this, and the receiver still wouldn't turn on. I tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds, but the receiver is still off. They told me somebody was going to call me back within 24-48 hours.

The whole situation really is frustrating. I was worrying about the install from day one, and everybody I spoke with told me not to worry, that everything was going to be fine.

Well, everything is not fine. It's always bad luck with me. Has anybody had to have a 622 replaced yet? I'd like to know how long it takes to get one replaced. I don't want to wait 2 days for somebody to call me so they can tell me I have to wait another 3 weeks for a 622 to become available.

Are you a brand new sub? In any case, I would call Dish back and demand they send you a replacement. They seem to always have plenty for new subs and seem to get them hooked up in a mater of days. Sorry to hear about you bad luck. Looks like you just got unlucky and received a defective unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts