622 Receiver Question

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

Wondering about 2009, when the FCC turns off analog signal, currently tv2 connects via a wire from 622 Second Tuner, into DVD-Recorder, then out to Television, will that still work in 2009, or will i have to pay for a second receiver for this Television down here, This TV is also HD ready, but currently only in SD, since couldn't afford another receiver when got upstairs Receiver upgraded to HD

What if traded in one of the 311's we are not using in the future and got a second HD Receiver...just a little worried on the 2009 transition at this point

Last edited:
Hi

Wondering about 2009, when the FCC turns off analog signal, currently tv2 connects via a wire from 622 Second Tuner, into DVD-Recorder, then out to Television, will that still work in 2009, or will i have to pay for a second receiver for this Television down here, This TV is also HD ready, but currently only in SD, since couldn't afford another receiver when got upstairs Receiver upgraded to HD

What if traded in one of the 311's we are not using in the future and got a second HD Receiver...just a little worried on the 2009 transition at this point

If your second TV is being fed by TV2 coax off the 622, then you have nothing to worry about. You are not receiving an analog signal; Dish is a digital signal. And your TV2 is just being fed a feed from that box.

If you want to use that second TV for OTA channels, then yes, there would be a problem, but not as long as it is fed by Dish (or DirecTV or by a Digital Cable system).

Save up for another receiver if you want to make the most of your second set. But any HD program received by the 622 will be down-res'd to TV2, just like it is now.

Thanks for the replies, and i'll start saving to take advantage of HD on this second HDTV in the future, and glad i don't have to worry about the 2009 issues, and now i can relax and enjoy my shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)