622 recorded event will not playback

wvaneeden

Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I hope someone can help me, I recorded NCIS and The Unit last night and when I look in the recorded events both show up with the right recorded time (1:01 for NCIS and 1:03 for The Unit).

However, when I try to playback NCIS it starts and runs for 1 minute then stops and I get the screen saying "Playback Over" and the option to start over etc. On the recording for The Unit, when I start the playback it immediately takes me to this screen.

Other events that I recorded (24 on Monday) playback fine.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I gather this was OTA. This has happened to me, when the signal was so poor it recorded almost nothing of the show, yet listed full length in the recorded items list.

Check your signal strengths. Time to reaim the antenna?

I gather this was OTA. This has happened to me, when the signal was so poor it recorded almost nothing of the show, yet listed full length in the recorded items list.

Check your signal strengths. Time to reaim the antenna?

I do not have OTA hooked up to this unit, it was recording from the dish (in HD I might add). I just checked that channel and the signal strength looks good. Thanks for the tip though.

Do a warm reboot (open the front door, hold down the power button until it restarts). That fixed it for me when I ran into a similar situation though I didn't get a message about the playback at all, just a black screen instead of audio and video. It's worked for others too....

What you don't want to hear is that others have had this problem and found NO solution. Don't spend more than a few minutes worrying about it or working on it. Watch the episode from the network's website....

Do a warm reboot (open the front door, hold down the power button until it restarts). That fixed it for me when I ran into a similar situation though I didn't get a message about the playback at all, just a black screen instead of audio and video. It's worked for others too....

What you don't want to hear is that others have had this problem and found NO solution. Don't spend more than a few minutes worrying about it or working on it. Watch the episode from the network's website....

Thanks, I tried a hot and cold start both with no luck. I agree that it's worrying, because this happened to me before with a different 622 that I eventually had to return because it lost HDMI (this was probably 3 months ago). At the time I tried for about 20 minutes to get it working and then just put it down to a glitch somewhere.

What's strange is that it has been working fine for months now and last night recorded fine again. Hopefully someone out there will have some insight for us.

Thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts