622 remote problem.

pwherr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
Southern Colorado
I don't know if this problem happens a lot or if it is mine.
When I push any button on my remote 9 times out of 10 it displays the info screen.It is very irritating.It does this with the IR and the UHF remote.You have to keep pushing select untill it goes away then you push another button and it pops up again.I have 2 622's and this only happens on 1.Other than that the unit works great.Has anyone come acrossed this?

Does this happen with the IR remote from both 622's? If so it sounds like you have a bad box. Call up Dish and have them replace it.

lakebum431 said:
Does this happen with the IR remote from both 622's? If so it sounds like you have a bad box. Call up Dish and have them replace it.
Yes. All 4 remotes I tried does it.I have switched boxes once already.What a pain in the *** that was.

Well I had some time and I started changing remote addresses and after changing them a few times I got 11 to work without the info pop up.Why 11 I don't know but it seems to be fixed now.

Very strange. Sounds like a funky box. As long as it is working, great. If you have the problem again, I suggest having DISH swap the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts