622 reversing/fast forward mode

slowlane

Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Hello, new member, new receiver 622, new dish 1000+, and few question, one about the 622 r/fwd mode. Thanks for the site.

When viewing a recorder program and I select back or fwd, and then select play, (or stop) the program does not resume at that point, the program may jump further back or even skips ahead. The amount of time that it skips is very erratic-a few minutes or many minutes. And the mode I have selected does indicate which way the program skips, example, I was reversing for appx. 20 minutes, selected play, the program actually advanced forward 10 minutes. To further complicate things; it does not happen on all recordings, maybe 50/50?
I’ve turn off the unit (front panel) a couple of times, no help. The only other unit problem, I had a message the other morning stating (Hard Drive Corrupted, press select) however after pressing select, all operations seem ok. Except for the revs/fwd mode which has always been an issued.
Is this an problem with the 622, or maybe a bad unit?
Thanks, slowlane

I had that problem with the going back and hitting play. I thought my remote button was sticking. I guess it's a new bug. You might want to post it in this thread.

The other problem is a known bug. I suggest you do as Smith, P suggests or pull the plug. It doesn't seem to happen often. Only happened once to me.

i did the rebot a few days ago. Just got off the line from talking to Dish tech rep, they suggested erase all my recordings, unplug the unit , try programing again, stating these old recordings may be affecting any new recordings since my drive was corrupted--a bug? Darn a couple of records i wanted to save, oh well, will try.
thanks slowlane

Hello, new member, new receiver 622, new dish 1000+, and few question, one about the 622 r/fwd mode. Thanks for the site.

When viewing a recorder program and I select back or fwd, and then select play, (or stop) the program does not resume at that point, the program may jump further back or even skips ahead. The amount of time that it skips is very erratic-a few minutes or many minutes. And the mode I have selected does indicate which way the program skips, example, I was reversing for appx. 20 minutes, selected play, the program actually advanced forward 10 minutes. To further complicate things; it does not happen on all recordings, maybe 50/50?
I’ve turn off the unit (front panel) a couple of times, no help. The only other unit problem, I had a message the other morning stating (Hard Drive Corrupted, press select) however after pressing select, all operations seem ok. Except for the revs/fwd mode which has always been an issued.
Is this an problem with the 622, or maybe a bad unit?
Thanks, slowlane

Something is really wrong.
temperature
Menu > 6 > 3 > Counters >page down (below AUX button, top, right)

If its not the temperature, maybe a bum unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)