622 Runs Hot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
I noticed that the left rear side of my WELL VENTILATED 622 is always real hot. Is this normal?

I checked temps at the time I was recording a program and the HD Temp was 131 with the LOW at 104 and AVERAGE 118.

I have a Repplay unit, a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD, XBOX and other components and none of the other boxes are this hot to the touch?

Brian

It does run hot as my 942 used to totally shut down when I had it. One easy solution is to put quarter inch spacers under each of the feet to improve air flow. There is another thread here that talks about other...more costly solutions that you may need if your equipment cabinet is tight or ventilation is a problem. You many want to check it out but the spacers may be your cheapest way to at least test first.

There was a previous thread on 622 temp readings. Did you look at it to compare your readings with what others have posted?

From what I have read, the 622 does run hot. If people are using them in enclosed cabinets, like those with largely closed backs and glass doors on the front, then they may have long-term equipment problems. The immediate problem is shutting down due to heat, but gear that constantly runs hot can lead to premature circuit or hard drive failure. That is, when "hot" means that it is outside of the temperature range the gear was designed to operate within.

I do like that the 622 can monitor the temp.

I did read up on the other threads and when and bought a notebook chiller as suggested. The unit became cool to the touch in a short time so I think that did the trick.

Thanks

brian

bkushner said:
I did read up on the other threads and when and bought a notebook chiller as suggested. The unit became cool to the touch in a short time so I think that did the trick.

Thanks

brian
bkushner - sounds like a winner. What was your source? TIA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)