622 Sound Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
March 14th I had my 622 installed with a D1000 dish and all my HD channels were fine. Sound worked great. Then tonight I came home and I got no sound on any of my HD channels. I am using the Optical cable for sound. Now if I went into my DVR menu and watched something I recorded in HD it had sound but none of the channels had sound except for non-hd channels. My signal on 129 is 64 - 69. Anyone know why this is happening? Does this happen often?

Brad:

I noticed the same issue about 4 days ago. I found that pressing the "Skip Back" button on the DVR remote made the sound come back. It seems that sometimes the "live" feed will die out. Doing a reset on the 622 works for me as well. I hope this gets fixed soon.

L3.55 Software bug... pause for a second or two then unpause it'll work, or let your live cache build for a few seconds then press skipback... when it's doing this reboot will fix it for a while...

I've tried both of those options and neither one seems to solve the problem. Even some of the things I've recorded from RAVE or NBC-HD do it also. I recorded Deal or No Deal on NBC the other day and the audio was delayed the whole show. Kinda stinks to have paid $300 for something and it doesn't even work correctly all the time. Overall though having HD is nice. I love the live concerts on RAVE and Discovery HD.

mine is doing the same thing been rebooting fixs it for a while for me also get black screens have to reboot it or sometimes it reboots its self sometimes recording are nothing but a black screen also. its a piece of crap about what i expected from dish hopefully they will get the bugs worked out not sure that the black screens are a bug mite just a bad one hate to go thu all that crap of getting another one turned on

I got the 622 a few days ago and now I am experiencing a similar problem. Just out of curiosity, are you guys using HDMI, HDMI/DVI converter + optical cable, or component + optical cable?

For the first few days, I was using component cables with an optical cable. Never experienced any problems. Today, my DVI to HDMI converter arrived so I am now using DVI + optical cable. Soon afterwards, I noticed the HD channels had no audio.

When I did the "skip back" trick, the audio came on, but it is annoying to have to do this.

I'd be curious to know how other people who are having this problem have their 622 setup.

I had audio loss last night on CBS. Unfortunately, I did a soft reboot and my 622 died. It's in permanent reboot mode. Reboots every couple minutes, and only has a black screen the rest of the time. Dish is sending me another 622 ( wonder how long that will take) and hopefully it will last longer than the week this one lasted.:mad:

Mine is still doing it really bad. Do you think this is a receiver problem and I need a new one. I'm using component for TV and Optical for audio. My wife keeps complaining about it and I have to try and figure out a way to tell her that it should be temporary. And then she wants to know why the $300 satellite receiver and $70/month bill is this bad of service. It's a hard road. hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts