622 to two HD sets?

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
I'm waiting on my 622 and have a question about the HD outputs.

Can I hook up 1 set using HDMI & the RCA stereo audio and run the component outs and the optical audio out to a second HD set and have them both display?

I ask because I've found some pretty cheap 50' component and optical cables that would allow me to phisically connect both the HD set in my bedroom and my projector in the basement. I'm just not sure if thiswould actually work with the reciever itself though.

You should be able to do that. BUt. as far as I know, both the Component and HDMI outputs are both on the TV1 tuner, so you would not be able to change the channels indepently on both TV's.

That's cool, the same output to both sets is fine. It's just me watching, so I don't need the TV2 output, having both sets display the same thing is fine.

If anyone else can confirm this, that would be great. Then I can go ahead & order the cables I'll need.

Others have confirmed that on the VIP211 and 411's, both the HDMI and Component outputs are active at the same time, so I'm sure it is the same with the VIP622.

chicagofilms said:
I'm waiting on my 622 and have a question about the HD outputs.

Can I hook up 1 set using HDMI & the RCA stereo audio and run the component outs and the optical audio out to a second HD set and have them both display?

I ask because I've found some pretty cheap 50' component and optical cables that would allow me to phisically connect both the HD set in my bedroom and my projector in the basement. I'm just not sure if thiswould actually work with the reciever itself though.

THat is what I'm doing with my 942 (single mode). HDMI to bedroom HDTV and 75" component cables with audio to living room HDTV. Works fine. Obviously the same channel is displayed on both TV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)