622 Tuner Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LeeJ

Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Hi All,

My first posting. I tell ya, this is such a great site. I've been reading it and using the information since my early Voom days and before.

I have a problem with my 622 HD DVR. I can't get it to choose which tuner to record on. No matter if I switch the mode to dual or single, it's always recording on tv1 tuner.

Is there something I'm missing here? With my older DVR, I didn't have to schedule on another tv to get a tv2 tuner schedule.

Thanks for the help, and any would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

My first posting. I tell ya, this is such a great site. I've been reading it and using the information since my early Voom days and before.

I have a problem with my 622 HD DVR. I can't get it to choose which tuner to record on. No matter if I switch the mode to dual or single, it's always recording on tv1 tuner.

Is there something I'm missing here? With my older DVR, I didn't have to schedule on another tv to get a tv2 tuner schedule.

Thanks for the help, and any would be greatly appreciated.

Record Plus
Menu > 8 > 6

Why would you care which tuner it uses? There is no connection between the tuners used and the TV! & TV2 outputs.

The problem is that there is another program on at the same time, and it conflicts with it. If it put them on different tuners like my older dvr it would record both of them. It only gives me the option of tv1 tuner. The Menu 8 then 6 does not work. It just says what I want for preference (default is tv2). That has been enabled. I tried with it enabled, then tried with it disabled, then tried with it switched to tv1.

In fact, I checked all my timers, and they're all tv1!!! How can I change them to another tuner so I can get two recordings at once?

Last edited:
I am having the same problem (a newie as well). I se timers dor Smallville and earl. Earl recoded Smallvillle did not. Bith wanted tuner 1

When my unit was installed the installer told me to use single mode if I ahd one TV but that I would be able to access both tumers. After some discussion with CSRs last night (most of whom had never heard ofa 622) I was told to put it in dual mode,.. It has worked as expected since.

If you schedule both programs to record what does it do?

It should put one on TV1 and the other on TV2. Mine switches randomly it seems but it hasn't stopped me from recording 2 at once.

The other issue may be if you are recording OTA. I believe that is always going to record on TV1. E* programs will record on either tuner. You can record 2 shows at the same time on TV1 Tuner if one is OTA and the other is E*.

You should be able to record three things at once. 1 OTA and 2 E*.

Hope that makes sense...

When my unit was installed the installer told me to use single mode if I ahd one TV but that I would be able to access both tumers. After some discussion with CSRs last night (most of whom had never heard ofa 622) I was told to put it in dual mode,.. It has worked as expected since.

Definitely shouldn't be in Dual Mode if you have one TV....

Alright then what should it be in and how do i ensure that it uses both timers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)