622 TV2 output problems

ILv2Xlr8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
The output from TV2 on my 622 is horrid. I've ruled out my home wiring and amplifiers as the TV2 output is the same when routed directly from the TV2 output to the TV no matter what cable channel I select for modulation. I've tried all sorts of RG6 cables to rule out a bad patch cables as well.

The TV2 output signal strength only measures -40db and only has a 20db SNR which indicates to me the TV2 output is bad. While I can get a picture on the TV, the audio is less than desired. The speech in the audio is drowned out by background sounds and is extremely distorted.

Is this a common problem?

If my 622 needs replaced will I lose all my archived shows on my external hard drive?

Is Dish going to have a new dual tuner that actually outputs HDTV over the TV2 on coax?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks to the wonders of hollywood there will probably never be an HD receiver that can output via coax. The studios just won't let dish transmit an HD signal without some type of DRM (and yes soon all your component cables are belong to hollywood) This was asked during a charlie chat/tech forum (not sure which) some time back and this was pretty much the answer we received (although skewed in the studio's favor, instead of the consumer's)

I guessed that was the case for HD, but what about DTV? :rolleyes:

Still wondering if I will lose everything I recorded on my USB drive if my RX needs to be replaced?

I guessed that was the case for HD, but what about DTV? :rolleyes:

Still wondering if I will lose everything I recorded on my USB drive if my RX needs to be replaced?

Replacing your receiver will not affect your external Hard Drive contents...

And yes, if you have already ran a new cable straight from the back of the receiver to the TV2, and you're SURE it is not the coax port on the TV that is causing the problem, it is probably the receiver. My parents actually just had the same problem a few weeks ago. New receiver fixed the problem.

The HDMI DRM rules are not set by Dish... and they won't just apply to Dish....trust me, Dish isn't complying because it benefits them... they're complying because they have to.

Thanks for the response. What will I have to do to get the new receiver to recognize the HD and its contents?

I'm sure it's not the coax F connector on the TV as I've tried it on two TVs with the same result. One of my TVs has a signal meeter that measures what ever channel you have tunned, and the measurements I posted were for chan 73, but did not not change much no matter what channel I set the Dish RX modulator to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)