622 TV2 Output

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I got a 622 (to replace a 625) installed about a month ago, and ever since, the TV2 output has been awful...it looks like it has been split too many times. With my old 625, the TV2 output was excellent and crystal-clear. Is this a receiver problem or a cabling issue? Does anyone else have this same problem? The channel output has always been ch.21 (same for both receivers).

Hook one TV directly to the agile modulator output of the 622 to verify that signal is clear at the receiver. If it is bad, the tuner may be at fault, if good, it's probably a cabling issue.

Lower channels are usually better because there is less line loss at lower frequencies.

I found the F-connector on the back of the 622 (the connector for "cable" RF output) difficult to connect to properly. It's possible to feel it screwing on, yet actually not be really connected. So, try remaking the connection.

It's also possible that disconnecting from the previous receiver and connecting to the 622 caused a loose connection in the cable. Depending on your situation, replacing the cable may be an easy thing to try (easier than having the 622 replaced under warranty).

i hooked up a different tv directly to the 622 and that determined that the issue is in fact a cabling problem. What should I try doing first?

Another observation i've made: sometimes when I go from switching from a recorded program to a live program or when I go from CNN to GSN (same goes for other channels), the picture quality gets noticeably worse. It's really weird.

i hooked up a different tv directly to the 622 and that determined that the issue is in fact a cabling problem. What should I try doing first?

If you can, do an inspection of the line, looking for dings or cuts. Then I would get new connectors for each end, or inspect the ones that are on there now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)