622 upgrade using local retailer

joedoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Today I tried to order DIU done by my local retailer. In order to get all my programming including HD and international I have to see four sat locations (110, 119, 129 and 148) so I need a DPP44 switch. However local retailer told me that:

a) he is not allowed to do four sat installations and
b) even if he will give me DPP44 I'll have to pay for it because he won't be reimbursed by E* for it.

Is it really so?

He could do the 4 sat install if he wanted to.. thing is Dish soes'nt really pay enough for them so alot of dealers will just pass them on to DNSC. He is correct on the 44 switch as far as I know Dish will not reimburse him. have you tried calling Dish and see what they will do for you??

For what they pay us, its not worth doing the upgrades with the risk of not being properly re-imbursed for the equipment.

Last I checked Dish does not re-imburse for the DP44 Switch, unless there is a certain situations where locals are on 105 or 121.

Well, I guess I'll have to go through Dish then. I just wanted to work with installers I already knew and avoid a long wait in line for the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts