622 Upgrade

Dodge Ram Nut

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Mizzourah
Hi there...I have a question that I cant seem to find almost any where in here and in the general Dish Network forum.

I am completing my basement, and I am going to be putting in a living room and "my version" home theatre. It's not gonna be onea those big boom boom HT. Just a nice couch...a nice HDTV (either plasma or rear projection) with at least 45+ inch TV along with sound system.

Back to my question...I've been with Dish 8+ years. I started out at the 2700 model and worked my way up to 501. I currently have 2 501's and a 301. 1 501 is in the main upstairs living room, 2ND 501 is in the bedroom and 301 is in the computer room/office.

When my basement is complete in a couple of months, I'd like to upgrade to the 622 and I'm willing to let go my 301 (either sell on eBay or let Dish take it) and put the 501 in the office.
Is there any specials, or deals for my setup? Everywhere I read..its all 941 or 811 or somethin like that. I guess I'm still in the Caveman times?? Thanks in advance!

I believe that DishNetwork has a promo where people who are new to HD pay $200 for the 622 lease and get $10 credit for 10 months - net the upgrade costs you $100. The upgrade includes all necessary dishes and installation.

Dodge Ram Nut said:
I am completing my basement, and I am going to be putting in a living room and "my version" home theatre. It's not gonna be onea those big boom boom HT. Just a nice couch...a nice HDTV (either plasma or rear projection) with at least 45+ inch TV along with sound system.

Oh...you mean a family room. :D

Last edited:
Yes...it is going to be a family room downstairs in the basement. The general feeling is that if you are going to finish your basement..you will be putting in a HT. I guess I'm not BIG on the HT thing, except just for the TV and a great sound woofin around.

I checked my HD locals..and they are all on the 129 slot. Hmm..I presently have a Dish 500 dish. Would the tech (usually) put in a D100 or add a side wing dish? Ive got an old 300..an old 500 with 2 legacy's on it in the basement. (hell..I even have an old directv single lnb dish!) :yikes

I don't wanna make a dish farm here since I live in a respectable community. My dish currently sits on the house wall..behind a brick wall sorta decoration. You cant see it if you drive past my house, but the signal pointing is GREAT. No trees, no nothing. Just a really nice secluded spot.
If the tech puts a D100..would the weight tear off the wall, or would it need to be pole mounted? If its pole mounted, I'll actually tell him to move it closer to the wall so it will be less visible due to its size.

Thanks in advance!

He'll probably change out your 500 for a 1000. As long as you have clear line of sight to 129 (just to the right from 110/119) from the existing location and nothing else (wall, etc.) is physically in the way, he can use the existing wall mount and you're good to go.

Brad

Make sure you put in enough cable - and telephone - for any possible future needs. It'll be cheap now, and expensive later. Standard installation does NOT cover drilling through a 8" concrete basement wall!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)