622 With A Dp34 Switch. Will Not Work!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Can't Install!!!!!!!!!............ Do I Need A Dp44 Switch?............ Do I Need To Send Two Separate Feeds From My Dish 1000 To My 622?.......... Please Help! Scott!?!?

Depends. Do you have a Dish 1000? If so, you won't need the external switch until you get more than two receivers. If you don't have the Dish 1000, you could still replace your LNB with a DPP Twin, and still just use one cable to the receiver.

I Have A Dish 1000

It's Going To Four Different Receivers. One Coax Is Going To My 622 The I Split It To Sat In 1 And Sat In 2. Is This Wrong?

The 622 is a dual tuner, you need two runs to the receiver if you're using a DP34 switch. You can use a separator (single cable run) only with DPP equipment, DPP44 switch or DPP Twin Lnb.

With four receivers, if even one is a dual tuner, you'll need the DPP44 or you'll need to cascade two DP34s. No splitters or separators allowed on the DP34. The separator will allow one cable to feed the dual tuners from the DPP44, so you wouldn't need another switch.

I'm considering a 622 after the beta testing is over (I had a 501 from the first shipment). I'd drop the 4900 and use tv2 for whole house distribution. You're telling me that I would have to upgrade the switch to use the combiner/seperator ? I ran 3 rg6's to the location where I would put the 622, one for the OTA, one for sat in, and one for tv2 out (not used now of course). I suppose I could diplex the OTA signal into one of the sat feeds, or run another rg6 ?

dave7424 said:
I'm considering a 622 after the beta testing is over (I had a 501 from the first shipment). I'd drop the 4900 and use tv2 for whole house distribution. You're telling me that I would have to upgrade the switch to use the combiner/seperator ? I ran 3 rg6's to the location where I would put the 622, one for the OTA, one for sat in, and one for tv2 out (not used now of course). I suppose I could diplex the OTA signal into one of the sat feeds, or run another rg6 ?
You can replace the LNB on your dish with a DPP Twin to feed two receivers, and both could be dual tuners. Much cheaper than a DPP44, if you only have one or two receivers.

If you're going the HD upgrade path with Dish to get the 622, they should throw in the Dish 1000 and all the necessary hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts