622 with a DVI cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I have a 622 ordered to replace a 510 and 811 combo. The 811 currently hooks to my Hitachi via a DVI connection. I know the 622 does not have a DVI hookup. What do I need to do? I guess I could just use component but wouldn't some kind of converter be a better solution? I am also sure whoever D* sends out will NOT have what I need.

MikeF said:
I have a 622 ordered to replace a 510 and 811 combo. The 811 currently hooks to my Hitachi via a DVI connection. I know the 622 does not have a DVI hookup. What do I need to do? I guess I could just use component but wouldn't some kind of converter be a better solution? I am also sure whoever D* sends out will NOT have what I need.

Either get an HDMI to DVI converter for the end that plugs into the 622, or a new cable with HDMI on one end and DVI on the other. Obviously, it's not going to carry your audio, so you will also need to connect your audio separately from the 622 to your audio processor or TV.

You can find a decent HDMI-DVI cable or adapter at mon0price.com.
I just ordered an adapter for my Samsung DVD player since I'll be using HDMI to connect to a 622 receiver.

You can also go to the local TWEETERS or BEST BUY and purchase a Hdmi out to DVI converter. I paid $23 dollars for mine. It works very well with my Pioneer Elite 630HD with DVI inputs.

Just make sure you get the right one....... You need a female DVI to Male HDMI connector to reuse your existing cable. None of the stores in my area had one. I had to order it online.....

I got a HDMI male to DVI male connection from Monoprice.com for around 10 bucks shipped (arrived in 4 days w/ regular shipping option). It works great connecting my 622 directly to my TV w/ DVI input.

Most of the retail cables quickly shoot through the roof pricewise once you make them longer. I didn't feel like buying another 12 ft. bale to reach my TV from my corner cabinet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)