625/322 install for Monday- newb questions

ThereByAir

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Hello all, looks like I have yet another forum to add to my surfing routine. Thanks for being here.

Anyway, I'm moving into a home I've been remodeling and have a Dish install set for Monday. Being new to sat tv, I guess I had some pre-conceived ideas. I was suprised to learn that the 322's tv2 coax out was mono only. I've been doing searches here trying to figure out a way to get stereo to my tv2. It seems that wireless a/v options and long component (rca?) runs can be quite expensive to do. Maybe better off with $5 bucks extra to go with 2 625s.

But I was wondering if there is a device (such as an old stereo VCR) that could be located with the 322 that could accept the stereo component output from the 322 and then pass it on through it's coax output in stereo to tv2??

I still have much to learn about this stuff and may be way off in my thinking, but I figure there are a lot of people who would have just taken it for granted that having tv2 in stereo would be a given.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hes correct.
From the Dish Tech Portal Specs on 322's
Connectivity
TV-2 Connections
(1) Set RCA-type audio/video outputs
(1) TV2 OUT
Coax, ch.21-69 or 73-125 mono audio, user-selectable via setup menu, default to 60, yellow F-connector

FYI unless you know the company doing the install, calling Dish will force them to reschedule the appointment. If you have the contact details for the installer you can request they bring a second 625 and modify the work order on site.

Last edited:
I've found some rf modulators that might work and are inexpensive, but they have selectable channel 3/4. If i use s-video for tv1 and try one of these devices for converting rca's to coax, will the 3/4 select instead of the 21-69 or 73-125 range work for tv2? If I had to guess, I would say no, but I figure it's worth the askin'.

Thanks for the replies,

Kevin

yes that would work I just don't know how far they would transmit through coax, since they are designed for being close to the tv set. You have gave me a good idea though. I will have to experiment sometime.

Thanks to all for the replies and ideas. Install is tommorrow afternoon and then we will spend a few more days getting completely moved into the house. I've got a stereo VCR that I'm going to experiment with a little. It has component in/out plus coax out. As mentioned earlier, distance could be an issue. tv2 is around 30 foot run of rg-6 from receiver. The VCR's rf out may not provide a decent signal at that distance. I'll let ya'll know how well it does/doesn't work.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Dave nye said:
You can lease two 625's.
You'll have to prove that one to me. I just looked at the current DHA business rules:
The DHA rules said:
• Maximum of four tuners. Up to four total receivers if all are single-tuner receivers.
• Maximum of two dual-tuner receivers per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 942 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 625 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 522 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of two (2) model 811 receivers per new account.

I'm not sure why, but I've had a few new DHA's where I had to install 2 625 receivers. I agree that the rules say otherwise, but it's awfully difficult, as an installer, to tell Dish AND the customer it's incorrect.

webbydude said:
I'm not sure why, but I've had a few new DHA's where I had to install 2 625 receivers. I agree that the rules say otherwise, but it's awfully difficult, as an installer, to tell Dish AND the customer it's incorrect.
I'm guessing you work for DNSC - sometimes they (illegally) break the rules.

They are NOT supposed to be able to do anything retailers can't do, but anything they can get away with to screw us, they WILL do. :mad:

SimpleSimon said:
They are NOT supposed to be able to do anything retailers can't do, but anything they can get away with to screw us, they WILL do. :mad:

Oh...if you think that one is bad, how about the current trend of installing 625's to one TV with PIP and only getting paid for one outlet? :(

Not sure if Dish is doing away with the 510 or they have an intense desire to have all DVRs hooked up to a phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts