625/322 only one will work at the same time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robmorri

Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Mobile, AZ
I have a dish 500 with Dish Pro Plus Twin going to one 625 dual receiver and one 322 Dual receiver. I have 124 Signal on both satellites (119 and 110). I hooked up the 625 first did the check switch and downloading first everything went fine. Then I hooked up the 322 did the check switch and download everything went fine. worked for about 10 minutes then the 322 cut out saying "A problem has been detected with your switch boc configuration if both tuners are being used, they must both be connected to the same satellites". If I unplug the 625 the 322 will work fine but when I plug the 625 pack in the 322 will do the same thing and cut out to that message. The sky is clear. Is there anyone who might know a solution to my problem?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

Do you have both tuners connected on both receivers? Each receiver will have a run of RG6 from the DPP Twin. At the back of the receiver you should have a DPP Separator which will direct the appropriate portion of the feed to each tuner. Diagram

And if you do, swap the separator and jumpers between boxes and see if the problem moves.

If it does NOT move, then swap the two feeds at the ground block. If still no joy, then swap them at the LNB.

If none of that helps, it's the receiver.

BobaBird,
Thank you but yes I have them connected with the Separator.

Simple Simon,
Thanks for your response. I have already tried all of that along with swaping out multiple 625 and 322 receivers. None of this has solved my issues. Any Suggestions at this point would be truely appreciated. Thank you.

Its sounds like a defective receiver. When both are hooked up if the 322 fails and the 525 is fine replace the 322. I had the same problem with a 625 3 months ago.

If you have replaced the 625 and 322 and you get the same problem then your next steps should be as follows, replace the seperators, replace the diplexers or do a direct line run to the remote tv as there are some dips out there that dont work right with dpp gear. Replace the lnbf also, this could be where your problem is at, you should also try running dumby lines from either the dish to each receiver or from the ground block to the receivers, this can help to determine if the problem is in the coax wich is a possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)