625 Audio problem with DD 5.1 recordings

Briant73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Pennsylvania
The past couple months I have noticed a major problem with any recordings that are Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. When I pause the recording the unit stops playing video but the sound goes on for a bit, then when I hit play I get no sound unless I hit the jump back button. This is annoying as anything. I just got a new (refurb) 625 from dish a few day's ago hoping that problem would be solved along with the other problems I was experiencing but no luck. The recordings are mainly from HBO-E and HBO-W channels.

The reason I'm posting here is because my last few calls to Dish have resulted in various levels of frustration at how bad they have gotten. I won't go into other than there back to blaming cabling for poor recording playback. Wierd how it shows fine live but playsback bad. So any ideas or help would be appreciated because the last thing I want to do is deal with Dish support and raise my stress levels.

Edit - Just noticed it also does this when pausing live DD 5.1 shows also.

Last edited:
After I finished writing my message, I did send a message to dish, they responded saying they are aware of the problems and are working on a fix.

It's bugs like that which cause someone to question Dish Network's unit testing methodology.

Well this is not the first time DD 5.1 programs and dish haven't worked correctly for me. Had a problem with my 4900 receiver and hbo. They fixed it but it does seem Dish doesn't test as well as they should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts