625: Channels changing on their own...

mattnstacy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
I know this was questioned before. I couldn't find it.

I'm experiencing weirdness on my 625 where the channels change on their own. Anyone have an explanation or a fix? It's almost like I'm watching someone else's TV. I can see the numbers punching in and everything.

My dog or daughter are nowhere near the remote so I know it's not them!

Help!

mattnstacy said:
I'm experiencing weirdness on my 625 where the channels change on their own. Anyone have an explanation or a fix? It's almost like I'm watching someone else's TV. I can see the numbers punching in and everything.
Help!
How close are you neighbors? The new UHF Pro remotes have longer range. Suggest you change you remote addresses. Then see if the problem goes away.
Or, you could keep them the same and drive your neighbors nuts by switching their channels.........

mattnstacy said:
Help!

Do you happen to have a neighbor that has Dish? Change the address on your remote, that should solve your problem.

NightRyder

I know someone just got Dish installed about 4 or 5 houses down. Probably no more than 200 yards. That is so weird if that's it. Just started noticing it in the last week. Right about the time they got it installed. I'll try it after work. Thanks.

rdinkel said:
How close are you neighbors? The new UHF Pro remotes have longer range. Suggest you change you remote addresses. Then see if the problem goes away.
Or, you could keep them the same and drive your neighbors nuts by switching their channels.........

Maybe you could order some nice pay for view movies for your neighbors!!!!!!!!

What's funny is they're probably freaking out themselves! I kept thinking my dog was laying on a remote. I kicked her off the couch like 5 times! The UHF remotes are touchy enough the way it is. I didn't think it was this bad.

you may want to walk over to your neighbors house and ask him to remove his uhf antenna from his reciever and then re-address your remote, or else you may re-address his remote at the same time

I had channels changing on their own with my 942 (on TV2)! First time I saw that I thought it was a ghost! I even noticed that the ghost preferred some specific channels. :D
Later I realized, that my neighbor probably had Dish and a UHF remote too!
So, I have installed an attenuator (that came in the box) to reduce the remote range. And I also changed the remote ID number following the instructions in the manual. This helped. I never had this problem again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts