625 Choose TV1 or TV2

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I am relatively new 625 user (was on the 508 "forced" upgrade path) and was wondering if there was a reason why I can not choose the Tuner I want to use to record each timer event.

The only solution I have found is to select the event to record by physically being at the tuner of choice or by continually swapping the record plus options on or off to get the system to record on the tuner I want before an event. The problem with the later is that I always forget which tuner I have record plus enabled to and then it records something on the wrong tv output.

I really hope I am missing something here!

The only time I am actually able to select the tuner is when the program has already started and I press record. It then prompts me to select the tuner I would like to use to record the event.

You would think I would be able to say I want said program to record on a specific tuner when I am setting up a timer? Is this bad software design or does it point to my inability to focus on the important details when reading the manual?

Note: After posting this I saw a similar thread for the vip622. The problem with record plus is that it does not allow granular control over which event will record on what tuner.

In my situation that means that I have to turn record plus on and off continually because sometimes people are using TV2 and I need it to record on TV1 (while I watch recorded programming) and sometimes TV2 is clear of use and I want to watch something live on TV1.

I guess the answer to my question is, poor software design (or it was never really meant to be used in dual mode.)

The outpouring of response on this issue has been amazing. Thanks everyone for your help ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts