625 Color fades to B/W then aud. drops on TV2

Wezel

Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
I have a DVR 625 (dual-mode), After a couple of hours of use, TV2 starts to fade to a Black and white picture then the audio drops completely. DISH sent me a replacement receiver yesterday and the new receiver has the same exact issue. Is this a problem with the L413 firmware? Am I the only one with this problem? I can't possibly have the only two 625's with the same exact problem, which make me think it's something wrong on my end? Any help is greatly appreciated!

audio dropout for sure is l4.13 (happens to me).

I've never had my picture turn to black and white on tv2 since the software "upgrade".

btw, don't set timer events from TV2 either. A couple timed events I set using TV2 were missed on my 625. I've never had one miss from TV1 since the software update.

I have the audio drop out as well on TV2. What is messed up is I have a new box coming to me for another unrelated issue, but the 625 is sure looking like a box of rocks to me..... This will be my 4th 625 in the last year and a half.

Color and Audio fades on TV 2

Wezel -
I am having the same issue with my 625. On TV 2 color will drop to black and white and soon after TV 2 will lose audio also. This all started about the same time L4.13 was pushed out. I spoke to Dishnetwork tech support and they stated they have no records of the firmware causing audio loss on TV2. They do have reports of TV2 losing color but only when TV1 is paused. They don't think it's the firmware in my case.

They are sending me a new receiver and we will see what happens then.

Wezel -
I spoke to Dishnetwork tech support and they stated they have no records of the firmware causing audio loss on TV2. They do have reports of TV2 losing color but only when TV1 is paused. They don't think it's the firmware in my case.

I think someone is either feeding you a line, or they're feeding the rest of us one. The tech *I* spoke to over a MONTH ago indicated that they had already received over 100 calls on this issue (loss of audio on TV2) and that it WAS due to 4.13, and that the techs didn't have a clue WHY the firmware was doing it, but that they were trying to track it down.

The problem is now ~2 months old, and it's still not fixed.

I have the same issue

My TV2 changes to B&W during normal viewing. I talked to Dish, and they said that I might need a new 625 as well. The problem is that I have over 80 hours of programming that I will lose, unless I can figure out a way to move the recordings.

Why doesn't Dish have technicians that carry around a pocketDish so that they can load saved programming onto a new box?

I received my new 625, hooked it up, work great! for about 15 minutes. Still losing audio and color on TV2. Seems to happen when I pause TV1 or am not on live tv on TV1. waiting on another response from Dish.

I also go black and white once in a while on TV2. I have not called dish or anything.... should I?

angus528 and project86,

What software versions are you guys on? I had this problem from day one with 413, but I got 414 a few days back and it has completely fixed the issue.

I don't know where I read this but I found this to work,
Hit Skip Back once, then skip FWD to live TV.
That works for me good luck.
I have SV 413.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts