625 Fast forward is slow motion

rgarcia55556

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Occasionally but recently almost daily, when I fast forward or skip forward a recording, it instead switches to slow motion. The problem doesn't clear until I turn off the 625. Then when I turn it back on the recording starts over instead of resuming where I left off. Anyone else have the problem? I have two 625s and they both do the same thing. I'm not exactly sure, but it's almost like a sequence of the buttons I push, cause it seems that I may pause, FF, rewind, FF in succession when it happens most often. The rewind, rw skip, FF and FF skip all stay stuck in slow motion even after pushing play.

Last edited:
I have a 625 and I have the same problem with the shuttle buttons.I do a hard reboot and it seems to fix the problem.Thats the only bug I seem to have with the unit.10 months and the 625 continues to run fine.

Yes, when in pause, FF and skip FF... become slow motion at 1/15 or 1/4. However, my problem is that it gets stuck in that mode (even after pressing play... or any other button) until I turn off the receiver. Even stopping and starting a different recording doesn't fix it. I have to turn the receiver off.

Last edited:
Yes, when in pause, FF and skip FF... become slow motion at 1/15 or 1/4. However, my problem is that it gets stuck in that mode (even after pressing play... or any other button) until I turn off the receiver. Even stopping and starting a different recording doesn't fix it. I have to turn the receiver off.
How long has it been since you pulled the power cord to do a hard reboot on the 625?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)