625 frustration

just another nerd

Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Today I received my new 625 receiver. I started the install after dinner.

I removed my 2 old receivers and hooked up the 625. Everything looked great, and I was at the screen where you check to see that both tv's are getting satellite signals.

Only the TV with the physical receiver was receiving all 3 signals.

I called dish network and they are sending someone out , but not until Friday! They aren't charging me to come out, so it's got to be something simple.

Can anyone help me out? Anyone have any ideas?

Well a little more info about your set-up would be helpfull but, do have two lines ran from the dish to the back of the 625. Also so do you at least get something on TV2 even if it is an error screen?

BTW Welcome:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!
We will try our best to help, maybe if it is just user error you can canel the service call b4 friday.;)

No, just one line currently going from the wall into the back of the 625. Should there be 2?

But there are 2 lines coming out of the DISH into the house. (Old set up, one going to each tv, in different rooms)

We get nothing on TV 2.

Any help would be awesome.

my setup

Here is my set up

Super Dish outside. 3 cords coming from it to a square dish switch (DP34). They enter into the side. There are 2 more cords attached to the bottom and they go into the house. I assume that this is directly related to the fact that we used to have 2 separate recievers.

The second tv is now hooked directly to the wall (satellite outlet)

The first TV has a cord going from the wall to the line separator. The line separator is hooked to 2 "satellite in" hook ups on the receiver.

The receiver is plugged in to power.

The phone line is plugged in.

The remote antenna is attached and not touching anything. Although it does still have its large label that came attached.

The cord going from the receiver to the tv is plugged in.

I hope that is enough information. :)

**Also, I can"t figure out how to get just the one tv to work. I assume that I need to get the TV into single mode, but can't get the mode button to work on the receiver itself. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
No you have got it all wrong.

The DP34 and a superdish will not support the use of a separator.

So you need to have two lines from the DP34 into the back of the 625's inputs. You will then need to run a line from the TV2 output to the wall jack of the 2nd TV. So you would have three lines to the 625. You could do it with 2 lines but you will need to use dipleors to do this.

So you need to get another line from the DP34 to the 625. Then get the line that was going from the DP34 to your second tv back to the 625 location.

Wow. Sounds like I made a mess of it.

But What's a dipleor? Do you mean diplexor? And where in the set up would this be used?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Yes little typo on the diplexor.

To eliminate the thrid line to the 625 you could use the diplexors to back feed the TV2 output on one of the inputs.

So say you take line1 input and put a diplexor on it. You will have the line from the wall into the in/out of the diplexor. Then the TV2 output will go into the ANT side of the diplexor and the Sat side will feed the input 1. Then someplace either outside or in your basement you will have the other diplexor. The in/out side will be sending the signal towards the receiver. The SAT side of the diplexor will have the line from the DP34, and the ANT side will have the line from the 2ND TV.

Line from Dish ===== Sat -------------------------------------------------- Sat ===== Input
---------------------------------- in/out ================ in/out ---------------------------
Line to TV2 ===== ANT -------------------------------------------------- ANT ===== TV2 out

You might want to wait for the tech. Radio Shack is the only place I know of that you can walk in and buy diplexers from, and they aren't cheap, from what I hear. Like $18 each, IIRC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)