625 Getting It hooked up

flyinbrian

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I hope someone can help me. Currently I have a combined Starband Dishnetwork dish it has 2 dual LNBs running through two sw21 switchs to feed my 2 current recievers I have 510 and a 301. I have purchased a 625 off ebay (actually won two of them) Does anyone know what type of switch I need to hook up my 625-- and since I won two 625's will dish let me run two 625 units. I have looked at a DP34 will that work???

I can anwer one of your questions with certainty, yes you can run two 625's. The Starband factor I am not familiar with, but with the DP34 switch, you will have to run two cables to each 625. If you had a DPP Twin LNBF, you would only need to run one cable to each and use a DPP seperator. But, I do not know what is required for the Starband, so take it for what it's worth...maybe nothing?

The Starband rig used 'standard' (rectangular) Legacy-type LNBs.

Trust me when I say that by far the easiest thing for you to do is hang a separate Dish500 with DPP-Twin. and use the DPP-Separators.

Otherwise you're going to have to deal with the old SW64 monster - and that requires dual-output LNBs which you may or may not already have.

After further research, Simple Simon is right. In fact, why keep Starbanc unless you are on a contract. DSL will do you as well if not better.

downriver said:
All you need is a dish pro lnb you can pick one up on ebay for about $40. Just discard your old lnb and two switches at the dish and patch the new lnb in. here's one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dish-Network-Dish-Pro-Plus-twin-LNB-New-in-box_W0QQitemZ5841088518QQcategoryZ32844QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At least that's the case for Dish 500 and two receivers. I dunno about starband.
Nope. The "D" style LNBs don't fit properly on the Starband bracket. They'll shift around on ya.

But as KAB says, why keep Starband anyway, there's LOTS of BETTER choices out there - no matter where you are.

Try for WiFi first, DSL second, and if neither is available, go with WildBlue or DirecWay.

The starband rig has two dual LNB that is why it is useing two SW21's As far as dumping Starband. In my area DSL not avalible Cable not Avalible Verizon Broadband just on the cusp or coverage area they did not reccomend 2nd dish not an opition due to covanets in edition So I guess I need to look at an SW64 ????

flyinbrian said:
The starband rig has two dual LNB that is why it is useing two SW21's As far as dumping Starband. In my area DSL not avalible Cable not Avalible Verizon Broadband just on the cusp or coverage area they did not reccomend 2nd dish not an opition due to covanets in edition So I guess I need to look at an SW64 ????
There's other providers besides Verizon for WiFi. Google for it with your city name and "WISP" and/or "WiFi", "wireless", etc. Ask around, too. Try looking for "funny" antennas/dishes on nearby structures.

As for covenants, they can kiss your @$$. Under federal law (trumping ALL local laws and covenants), you can have as many dishes of one meter or less in size as you want - provided you mount them in "exclusive use" areas. If you own your own house, there's ZERO issues. If it's a townhome, condo or the like, there's a few restrictions.

Shaggy they were averitsed as new in box never activated I have not receved them yet to call but I will once I get them I will thanks for everyones help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)