625 looses signal

penguin48

Original poster
May 31, 2006
I have a DPP 44 with a DP Plus on a 500 and a 300 aimed at 61.5. I am also running the 625 with 1 cable and splitter. The 625 has been loosing the signal and tech support said to check the cable so I hooked up another cable and it is still doing it. Locals are going out during the day and when I go to any upper channel it come in and then can go back and locals are there. My other receivers are a 510 and a 310 and they are not having this problem, Can I unplug power inverter from the DPP44 and use 2 cables for the 625 and run it that way. Also it was loosing the signal every morning when it was allowed to update, I have since disabled that and mornings are ok. Would rather not have a service call but my 625 is still under warranty. Also signal strength is about 20-30 point lower on 625 than the 510 or 310.

I dont know anything about the 625 as I have a 622. But, have you tried a hard reboot? Does it have the ability to tell you if you have lnb drift.

"System Info" then "Details"

Im just shooting in the dark with ideas. Maybe this bumping your post up will allow someone who has a better answer to look at it.

have done hard reboot a number of times and still same thing. I did go to the 2 cable connection and it seems to have better signal and does not loose locals as often.

Did the SS increase by removing the splitter?

Could the box tuner be going out since your other boxes are fine. Id say if the other boxes are fine, then you have a box problem or cable problem.

Questions is:

Is it easier for you to run a new cable and check it before calling dish out?

Ill admit Im grasping at straws because there are so many Dish setups and I dont have much experience with many of them. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

have done hard reboot a number of times and still same thing. I did go to the 2 cable connection and it seems to have better signal and does not loose locals as often.
It sounds like you might have a bad port on your 44 switch but i could be something in the line. the power insurter will need to stay powerd up for port one of the 44 switch if you do not the switch forces the receivor to push more power and will kill your recevior and you shoud have the power insurter on one of the single receviors decase the extra power in the line with the seperator and diaplexers can cause them to go bad over time i am not sure how your system is set up but there is a couple things to think about

Did the SS increase by removing the splitter?

Could the box tuner be going out since your other boxes are fine. Id say if the other boxes are fine, then you have a box problem or cable problem.

Questions is:

Is it easier for you to run a new cable and check it before calling dish out?

Ill admit Im grasping at straws because there are so many Dish setups and I dont have much experience with many of them. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
you really shouldnt have a DPP twin on a dish 500 if you have a 44switch it should be a DP quad, twin, or 2 duels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts