625 phone line question

drboom

Original poster
May 20, 2006
My 522 died and the dish techs replaced it with a 625. I haven't been plugging in a phone line to my 522/625 since I moved. I realize dish will charge me an extra $5/month for this... that isn't my question.

While setting up the 625, I noticed that I can 'order' some channels directly on the receiver like the encore package. What happens if I try to setup additional premium packages or PPV but never connect a phone line? I don't want to just try it and see in case I break the receiver - I don't have a land line to plug into it. Will the additionally ordered channels appear at all? If so, will they dissappear at some point? Will my receiver ever stop working pending a phone line install? What happens if I one day plug in a phone line? Any other reprecussions I should know about?

Thanks for the help.
Jon

The receiver will ask to be connected to a phone line to dial in. Once its connected, then the request to add the additional channels will be sent Via satellite just as if you called it in or did it online.

Your real question is can you authorize the additional channels without a phone line to notify DISH Network you are subscribed to it, and it doesn't work that way.

There is NOTHING transmitted from your satellite receiver to Echostar through the satellite link. It is oneway - receive only.

If you, or your sat box need to send info to Echostar it must be done through a phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)