625 picture quality issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Illinifan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Beavercreek, OH
I have both a 625 and 722 that receive signals from a 1000.2. My picture quallity is outstanding on my 42 inch 720p Samsung TV that the 722 is on, but it's a different story on the 625.

The TV in question is a 27" Sylvania that's about 6 years old. We are getting a couple of broken white lines about a fifth of the way from the top of the screen. They are there all time. Sometimes, we get a wavy, watery effect on the space above the lines.

This weekend, I tried changed in the input channel from 3 to 4. No luck. Then I disconnected and reconnect every cable running into the box. No luck. I replaced the cable that runs between the 625 and the TV. No luck.

Here's the key. We didn't have this issue when we had TW. I also tried a DVD player and didn't get the lines.

My conclusion is that there is something wrong with the 625 because I can't think of anything else to check. Do you guys agree that a call to Dish is in order or is there something I missed?

Sounds like the channel 3/4 modulator is shot or flaky. Dish will likely replace the receiver, meaning you would lose anything you happen to have recorded on that box. In the meantime, some other options you can try:

1. Try connecting the TV2 output to the TV and tune the TV to whatever channel TV2 is setup for.

2. Does the old 27" TV have any other inputs becides RF? You'd get a better picture using S-video or composite (yellow).

3. If #1 above works for you, and you don't mind saving $11 a month, and you don't mind either (1) giving up PIP or (2) watching the same thing at both TVs, then you could backfeed TV2 from the 722 to this TV. This would also give you access to the same DVR events at both TVs which might be more convenient. You didn't mention how many people are watching TV typically in your home, if just yourself or yourself and a somewhat agreeable spouse, this might be a feasible option for you.

Last edited:
Alright...I've tried both suggestions. Neither one worked. Pepper's #1 suggestion wasn't as easy as it sounds. I had to go into the Dish Menu and setup TV2 first. I tried the composite cables as well with no luck.

That leads me to believe it's a box problem. Any other ideas before I call Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)