625 Receiver Question

TALLone2007

Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
In A House
i have a question about the dvr 625. i know with everything going to digital by february 2009 i know that to use like an attenna you will need a digital converter, my question is will you be able to hook your attenna to the 625and use it that way? any help is appreicated

Yes you can connect the TV antenna input to the 625 but the 625 dosen't have an ATSC tuner built into it. You would need a 622 or a722 to record the digital OTA signal.

Yes you can connect the TV antenna input to the 625 but the 625 dosen't have an ATSC tuner built into it. You would need a 622 or a722 to record the digital OTA signal.

I know you can NOT record the digital OTA channels, but will you even be able to see the digital channels??? The OP was asking about hooking the antenna to the 625 to see the digital channels. With it not having a ATSC Tuner, will it be able to do anything with the digital signals?

I may hook our antenna up to the 625 just to see what happens if the antenna is hooked to it, but I thought with a 625 all you would be able to see are the analog channels which won't help the OP.

Any thoughts,
Geoff

to watch antenna you have turn the receiver off. basically it is like a VCR when it is on it will over write antenna when it is off the signal will go through it. it will not show up on the receiver guide

to watch antenna you have turn the receiver off. basically it is like a VCR when it is on it will over write antenna when it is off the signal will go through it. it will not show up on the receiver guide

Will it be digital signal or analog. OP was asking about the digital transition in Feb. 09. I don't think (but am curious for my own sake) that the 625 will convert the digital signal to an analog signal so they will still need a "Converter."

Am I correct?
Geoff

The 625's antenna input is passive it just passes thru what it receives. It does not have an atsc tuner therefore it can not show a digital atsc channel from an antenna and it does not have an analog tuner so it can not show an analog channel received from an antenna.

There is no difference between an analog and a digital signal, it is just a frequency that your antenna receives and send into your box.

analog/digital over the air signals have NOTHING to do with the 625. Whether you can receive digital OTA depends on whether your TV has an ATSC tuner, or you have a separate box that does.

The 625's antenna input is passive it just passes thru what it receives. It does not have an atsc tuner therefore it can not show a digital atsc channel from an antenna and it does not have an analog tuner so it can not show an analog channel received from an antenna.

There is no difference between an analog and a digital signal, it is just a frequency that your antenna receives and send into your box.
But the tv has an analog receiver in it (doesn't it) whereas older tv's don't (which the digital tuner is what the OP was asking about).

If the TV has inputs for S-video or RCA (yellow) and audio (white and red) then this would be the preferred connection from the 625 to the TV, bypassing the TV's tuner completely.

If it's such an old TV that it doesn't have external inputs, the fact that stations stop broadcasting in analog will not affect the fact that your TV will still receive signal from the 625 on channel 3 or 4 (or the TV2 modulated channel for that matter). The TV's analog tuner will not magically stop working in Feb 2009, but local TV stations will stop broadcasting analog signals. Doesn't affect your reception from Dish Network in the slightest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts