625 recevier upgrade install

majortom6x

Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
I have a dish 500 connected to a DP34 switch that feeds two 311 receviers.
Want to replace 311's with one 625 dual tuner recevier . Also prefer only one cable feeding into the 625 recevier.

Can this be done by adding two Dish Pro diplexers with a DP 34 switch or do I need to upgrade the DP34 switch?

I am not sure ofLNB type(2 duals or a quad) . Just know I have a Dish 500 with HDTV stamped on LNB and 3 wires going to lnb.

Also why does Dish Network not agree to send me the 625 receiver , for self installation , as advertised on web as dishin it up self install? They offer same deal to new customers for no install fee!

In order to run 1 line to the 625 you need to replace your existing LNB with a Dish Pro Plus Twin and get rid of the DP34 switch.

Hey boba 30 years as aerospace metrology engineer. Repairing & servicing electronic equipment much more complex than a simple Dish network install. During those years all vendors that sold or leased their equipment to us also provided us with all info required to maintain and repair our euipment in a timely manner.
FYI The Dish sub contractor that originally installed my Dish did not ground the system and he installed two 311's instead of one 322 dusl tuner recevier telling me I would be better with the two rececivers. Oh yeah he failed to inform of the $5 per month additional charge for the extra recevier! Do you call that a professional install? Do you know the potential hazards of not properly grounding equipment?
And after I call Dish and complain saying don't send that guy back to fix the problem , who comes back to fix his screwup but the same guy.
Would you trust him to do any thing right?
And by the way if you don't have any thing constructive to post then don't bother posting at all.

Hey boba 30 years as aerospace metrology engineer. Repairing & servicing electronic equipment much more complex than a simple Dish network install. During those years all vendors that sold or leased their equipment to us also provided us with all info required to maintain and repair our euipment in a timely manner.
FYI The Dish sub contractor that originally installed my Dish did not ground the system and he installed two 311's instead of one 322 dusl tuner recevier telling me I would be better with the two rececivers. Oh yeah he failed to inform of the $5 per month additional charge for the extra recevier! Do you call that a professional install? Do you know the potential hazards of not properly grounding equipment?
And after I call Dish and complain saying don't send that guy back to fix the problem , who comes back to fix his screwup but the same guy.
Would you trust him to do any thing right?
And by the way if you don't have any thing constructive to post then don't bother posting at all.
Even if you didn't like your previous installer he still knew/knows more about setting up DISH than you do. He may have been right about the 311 vs. 322 when DISH introduces new products they have problems the $5 trade off may have given you more reliable equipment depending on when your install was performed. Just because you know weather equipment you don't know as much as you think you do about satellite.:)

You can use the Dish Pro LNB if you run two lines to the receiver. It sounds like you have a quad LNB which is not compatible with Dish Pro Plus technology. It older Legacy technology. Your best bet is a Dish Pro Plus LNB which the installer should provide with the upgrade.

It makes little sense why he had a dp34 in the first place. Yes you could run 2 lines to a 625 from a DP twin or a legacy twin/quad and it would work. But he asks how to run a single line. The only way to do this would be to change to a Dish pro plus twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)