625 Skip Buttons after L291

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just noticed on mine, back skip now 5-6 seconds, forward skip, 33 seconds. L291 came down Thursday morning. Check out yours.

I have not times the back skip, but I am getting 30-45 seconds on forward. I have no idea why it varies so much. I liked the old system better, because I knew that I would need to go back a maximum of 3 skips when I over-skipped fowrward.

edit: I have a 522

You are not alone. I got L2.91 earlier in the week (first update since L2.55) and I am having the same problem.

Skip Back no longer goes back 10 seconds. On TV1, it now goes back 3-4 seconds. On TV2, it goes back 6-7 seconds. Skip Forward no longer goes forward 30 seconds. The amount of time it skips varies wildly with no consistency, from as little as 20 seconds to as much as 40 seconds. It can take as many as 10 times to Skip Back 30 seconds if you go too far.

I wish I had L2.55 back. I also have a 522.

Chad

I tested this with my 625@L291 and it still does 10secs back and 30secs forward, with the difference that it does it alot quicker. Not that it was slow before, but it's still seems faster.
Even though the fact that your 522 should have rebooted after the download of the new software, I would try to hard reboot the receiver, if you haven't already. It's not gonna hurt anything, but it may solve your issue.

I did a hard reboot per suggestion, no difference. Still 5 back, 34 forward.

ralfyguy said:
Chad

I tested this with my 625@L291 and it still does 10secs back and 30secs forward, with the difference that it does it alot quicker. Not that it was slow before, but it's still seems faster.
Even though the fact that your 522 should have rebooted after the download of the new software, I would try to hard reboot the receiver, if you haven't already. It's not gonna hurt anything, but it may solve your issue.

I've been around long enough to know the "standard" possible solutions. This is obviously an issue with the new software since it began immediately after acquiring the new software. Rebooting is not going to do any good.

i agree with you guys, the new soft wear did mess up the skip for words and back i don't like it at all. i thought i did something wrong before but now it's not just me

My 522 took the upgrade yesterday and I thought things were wrong. I just checked and it is also jumping about 35 forward and only 5 seconds backwards. It is also showing all my dvr events as ready to start over instead of resume or start if someone has viewed them on the other tuner. It used to keep separate resume points for each tuner when viewing dvr events.

I have submitted a complaint via my Dish account about the problem. The more of you who do the same might get their attention sooner. Maybe not, but worth a try.

I noticed the same problem, it was driving me nuts. Every single ad break I would end up going to far and have to skip back. It used to be that if you went one click to far it was just three clicks back, but no more. I hate the change.

I hope it was not intentional, maybe they are doing it to help make the skip functionality less attractive to appease the advertisers.

Anyway, I sent a complaint to Dish both to their tech chat and to tech support via my dish account. Hope it helps!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could decide how much the skip intervals were? Would it really be that difficult to change 30 sec. forward to 25 sec. and then turn it back whenver you want?

My 522 now will not resolve conflicts correctly, since it got 2.91 earlier this week. It wants to cancel and delete timers instead of using the unused tuner when a conflict arises.

We're having the same skip forward and back issues since the update. In addition, our 522 has skipped a scheduled event (which showed in the schedule as OK), locked up on a channel on tuner 2 and would not move until I rebooted causing another event to be missed, and occasionally refuses to pause or rewind live TV.

Just another helpful "upgrade" from Dish I guess. From what I'm seeing here, I guess the folks with Pocket Dish are happy at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)