625 Turning itself on.............

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I sure hope someone can help me. I just got a replacment 625 because of a problem with the reciever turning itself on. Now I have it again.
Background:
SW- L416GJGO-N
BOOTSTRAP- 1417GJGD
I have an OTA antenna to the 625> 2 VCR'S>TV-1
TV-2 via coax from 625
When watching OTA tv with the 625 OFF, and on regular channels from tv (like channel 11), the 625 automatically turns itself on and I get a blue screen on tv. If I switch channel to "3" I see the Dish logo darting around the screen. Now if I try other channels I only get the blue screen again. No signal.
I have gone through 4 CSR's without success yet.
One told me that the Dish remote doesn't control channel switching on your tv. Just on and off and volume. I have to use the remote that came with the tv to switch channels.
Another said that I should hook up RCA cables to the tv directly from the 625 and watch satellite from "Video-2" on the tv. (Which I did).
I am totally confused now and sure would appreciate anybody's help.
Thank You and I hope that this is not too confusing for anybody to understand.
Thanks again:
Lyle

Finally, got somewhat of an answer...............

After 6 CSR"s, and not one of them knew of the complete answer to my problem. I finally got a partial solution to the 625 turning itself on. I guess when you use the remote to turn the reciever off, it really doesn't completely turn off, so it has a tendency for spontanious getting turned on, so to speak.
She said that if I turned the reciever off at the front panel, it is actually turned off more, or something like that. So I did it, and it worked. I still have my fingers crossed, but for the time being, I'll enjoy what I have.
I still have no idea why that happens, but if anybody has an answer, I'd be happy to listen
Thanks for the comment.
Good luck to all who have this problem.

Lyle

She said that if I turned the reciever off at the front panel, it is actually turned off more, or something like that. Lyle

"Turned off More? Our wonderful CSR system at work

Sorry.. Off is never off.. Unless unplugged.. Remote off.. Same as front panel off.. Which means it is still on.. Just no power light and no video other than bouncing logo goes to screen.. Receiver still working in the background. Again, there is no real off on any Receiver these days. Unless you kill the AC to it.

If you can watch the satellite using a video input, do you even need to route off-air through the 625?

OSU1991 has the best solution.

No........but

If you can watch the satellite using a video input, do you even need to route off-air through the 625?

OSU1991 has the best solution.

I really don't need to, but, I sometimes want to record onto the 625 and then onto the VCR's. I have both VCR's connected via RCA cables, so I can dupe from 1 to the other and vice versa. Now what I have now, is probably as close as I can get to your question. I have an A/B switch where ithe OTA coax is the source. "A" is the lead going to the 625, and "B" is going directly to the TV via a separator on the antenna input on the TV. Where the other connection is the termination of the 2nd VCR. So I can switch between satellite and OTA when ever I want. And if the 625 wants to turn itself on, it can do it without disturbing the regular stations.
It's a fix that probably isn't for everbody, and I really don't know if it's a real solution, but it works for me.
I hope I explained it in a way that you guys and gals can understand.
Maybe someday I'll be able to afford DVD recorders to replace the VCR's.
Thanks for the responsesl.

Lyle

I will also turn on to prosess data stream updates and check for new software updates etc.

Worry not, its always on even when you have it off. :D

I sure hope someone can help me. I just got a replacment 625 because of a problem with the reciever turning itself on. Now I have it again.
Background:
SW- L416GJGO-N
BOOTSTRAP- 1417GJGD
I have an OTA antenna to the 625> 2 VCR'S>TV-1
TV-2 via coax from 625
When watching OTA tv with the 625 OFF, and on regular channels from tv (like channel 11), the 625 automatically turns itself on and I get a blue screen on tv. If I switch channel to "3" I see the Dish logo darting around the screen. Now if I try other channels I only get the blue screen again. No signal.
I have gone through 4 CSR's without success yet.
One told me that the Dish remote doesn't control channel switching on your tv. Just on and off and volume. I have to use the remote that came with the tv to switch channels.
Another said that I should hook up RCA cables to the tv directly from the 625 and watch satellite from "Video-2" on the tv. (Which I did).
I am totally confused now and sure would appreciate anybody's help.
Thank You and I hope that this is not too confusing for anybody to understand.
Thanks again:
Lyle

Sorry, I'll stop turning it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts