625 TV 2 Remote is going Exorcist on me

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
So I got my 625 receiver put in yesterday after a lot of drama with dish and the installers. Last night at about 5:30 I am enjoying watching the All Star Home run derby on TV2 (UHF remote) All of a sudden my tv goes to lifetime, then to WB, then it starts going through the guide looking at Dr. Phil. I think my remote is going crazy so I take out the batteries- it keeps happening. I try to change it back to the game and it keeps getting changed to another channel. Well after batteling back and forth for channels after 5 minutes I call dish. The lady laughs and has me reprogram my TV2 controller to a different channel. Everything is fine now and my wife got a good laugh out of it when I was pissed off that I had to watch Dr. Phil instead of the HR Derby. Anyways, I don't remember the sequence Dish had me perform to change the remote channel. I would like to know in case this problem arrises in the future I do not have to call Dish and get walked through it again. Can anyone help? Thanks

I think this is right:

Hold sat button down till the lights blink. Key in the number of the address you want to use, followed by #.

Then, to set the receiver to the correct address, push the sysinfo button on the front panel of your receiver and push record on the remote.

You will probably never have to change it again. This problem was caused by a neighbor that had a UHF remote on the same frequency as yours. Now that you have changed yours there should not be a problem.

Dave nye said:
You will probably never have to change it again. This problem was caused by a neighbor that had a UHF remote on the same frequency as yours. Now that you have changed yours there should not be a problem.
Problem with that is you probaly changed your neighbors addy on their receiver when you changed yours. If you dont either have the antenna pulled off or the other unit unplugged this can happen. Now maybe they made it in the 625 that you have to be in the sysinfo screen to do this but in previous untis if you pressed record on a uhf remote it changed the addy on any unit that got a signal from it. :yes

crappieguy said:
Problem with that is you probaly changed your neighbors addy on their receiver when you changed yours. If you dont either have the antenna pulled off or the other unit unplugged this can happen. Now maybe they made it in the 625 that you have to be in the sysinfo screen to do this but in previous untis if you pressed record on a uhf remote it changed the addy on any unit that got a signal from it. :yes
If I'm not mistaken, you do have to be on the sysinfo screen. Otherwise how could I have two 522's in the same room and press record on different UHF remotes to operate them.

You can also refer to your manual for the instructions on how to set the remote.

When I was working software support we closed MANY tickets with "RUTFM".
Read User The F'ing Manual.

Since I asked the Question I will give the answer

Addressing to the Receiver
* Do not change the address of an IR remote unless absolutely necessary (See About the IR Remote).
Dual-Tuner receivers can have the same remote address for both.
Note: After this procedure is started and a button is not pressed within 20 seconds, the remote will end the procedure automatically. Simply start over again. If there are multiple UHF receivers in the home, make sure all other receivers are powered off from their front panel to avoid address matching.
Verify the remote is a DISH Network remote. Look for the DISH Network logo on the bottom of the remote and Mode buttons or lights at the top. Why?

We do have the codes for all DISH Network remotes and would be happy to help you with your DISH Network manufactured remote. Please contact the manufacturer of your remote for further assistance. Detailed instructions may be included in the owners' manual that came with your equipment. If not, there may be a toll-free technical support number listed.

If using a keyed remote (3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.2, 6.0, 6.2) verify the key is configured for the correct TV1/TV2 operation. How to?

Green 1 is TV1 and IR only, Blue 2 is TV2 and UHF Pro only. The Blue key can be configured for Green 1 TV1 operation.
Reconfigure Remote
Remove battery cover.
Confirm remote is configurable. Note: if remote label says "IR", it can NOT be reconfigured.
Place thumb nail between the colored piece, above the number, and the body of the remote. Pull down towards the bottom of the remote.
Turn colored piece over to desired format and reinsert until a "snap" is heard.
Replace battery cover.

With the receiver on, press the Info or System Info button on the front panel,
if not present remove the Smart Card and wait 5-10 sec,
if no Smart Card power the receiver off from the front panel and press the up or down arrow button.
System info will appear on screen. (This procedure is not applicable for the DISHPlayer or the DishDVR 721)

Press and hold the SAT button (about six seconds) until all mode key backlights come on, then release.

Use the number pad buttons to enter a number from 1 to 15. The light will blink off after each digit is entered and then return to a steady light.

Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the SAT mode light flashes three times.

Press the Record button. The number in the Remote Address field should match the one you input.

To verify the code, press and hold the SAT mode button until the mode lights come on. Then press the POUND (#) button twice. The light will flash the address.

Reinsert Smart Card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts