625 uhf remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cheezehead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Hi guys,

Just got my dish installed. The first 625 harddrive crashed day 1. It still showed a picture but would not record. The UHF remote worked fine. Today a new 625 arrived from my local rep and the 625 seems to be working but my UHF remote doesn't work in my room2. The other one did but the hardrive crashed. The installer rigged some setup to move the ant for the uhf into my remote room and the remoted did work but the picture looked like crap. He put the ant on same coax to feed room 2 out and split it behind the receiver. The remote worked but like i said the picture quality seem terrible. He left and said thats the way it is. I unhooked the splitter and the picture works great but the remote still doesn't work through the walls on this 625. Is there anything else i can do to make the remote work. There is another big problem with the install and my 942 but that is another thread at another time. Not as big a problem as this.

Can anyone help?!!!!!!

Thanks

:confused:

try lifting your UHF antenna little bit higher, if you have piece of coax cable hock it up to UHF port on receiver and on other end put beryl connector and then put antenna there, and make sure you are not using attenuator on UHF antenna like a lots of people do

Im trying that now. No im using the attenuator for another problem with my 942. What is the range for the uhf remote?

i cant even stand 50 feet away and make it work. Do i have a prob with the receiver. I cant go back the way the installer had it the picture quality was terrible.

sure did i was crimping away some length and moved it about 3 ft higher than the receiver. no luck. Arrggghhhhh.

your 942 and 625 remotes should be the same try to change address on 942 remote to match 625 receiver and 625 remote for 942 see what happens

I am looking in the book to see how to do that right now. The local guy set up the 942 uhf to channel 5 and left the 625 to channel 1 but i wasnt quick enough to see the menus for that.

OK. go to System info press MENU 6-1-3. then in lower left corner it will say remote 2 UHF #.
then press and hold SAT button until all 4 light up and then press number that displayed in a corner, then pres # light will flash 3 times and it should be programed

Last edited:
This may sound silly, but make sure you don't have a battery in backwards.

I went through two 625's in two weeks. I posted on the "other" forum that I suspected a batch of bad ones were out there and my post dissapeared in about 10 minutes. So I posted again and that post lasted about 5 minutes. That's when I discovered this forum.

Last edited:
I had two 625s installed and one UHF remote was interfering with the other. I called tech support and they helped me reprogram it. They were actually quite helpful and solved my problem. Sounds like you got a crappy installer who should have known how to reprogram it or should have at least replaced the remote if it was bad. He/she should not have split the cable to make it work and should have known that picture quality was being jeopardized.

Splitting the cable to put the uhf antenna in the remote room is NOT a bad idea, I do it all the time when the remote room is several rooms away from the receiver. The receiver amps the tv2 signal plenty to overcome the 7 db of loss caused by 2 two-way splitters. I would check all the fittings and look for more splitters, diplexors, or SOMETHING that is causing the signal loss. You may try lowering the channel that tv2 outputs, such as going from air 60 to air 21, that often works for me. You also want to make sure you do not have any cheap "push on" cables between the receiver and tv2, such as between a vcr and tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)