63W Ku SCETV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I was looking at Global-Cm.net site the other day and noticed South Carolina PBS. The TP info shows 11959 V 11280 at 63W. Has anyone locked in on this one? I was hoping it was kinda like Montana PBS and Dvb not S2? Thanks for any info. Blind

Blind , I think that's just an old listing. A few years ago I locked that tp, but lately SCETV is on AMC21 ( 125W) with the other PBS stuff. 12174 H 4444 .
:)

Last edited:
Wasn't the SC PBS a spot beam or limited coverage in the US on 63W? I recall this being the subject of some very old threads where Iceberg indicatated he couldn't receive it when others in the SE US could.

I don't recall that, but it's certainly possible. I DO recall that they don't broadcast all the time. Catching them on the air was something of a good trick.
:)

I was looking at Global-Cm.net site the other day and noticed South Carolina PBS. The TP info shows 11959 V 11280 at 63W. Has anyone locked in on this one? I was hoping it was kinda like Montana PBS and Dvb not S2? Thanks for any info. Blind

I get it at 11964 V 11280, 10 channel mux (normal DVB & sound), three channels are 24/7. Here in Southwestern Ontario, it is weak, never gets much above 30 on the Pansat (pixelation for this mux is when it drops to high teens/low 20s).

I confirmed those ten signals two weeks ago using a 90 cm antenna in Minnesota, so the information is current.

Take a look at Lyngsat. Up until a few weeks ago, they listed the Estrela de Sol spacecraft at 63 West, with only one transponder given for South Carolina ETV, using a North American beam, and that listing only given as an occasional use feed. Now the 63 West position is listed as Telstar 14 instead. Look at the 11959 transponder...and click on the beam map link. It covers a lot of territory with signal levels in excess of +46 dBw.

I found ten channels within the transponder, usually no more than 3 or 4 with programming, but all available for use. Normally you would find South Carolina ETV's main PBS channel, plus PBS World and PBS Create.

Signal is weaker than most (not as tough as keeping RTV on 83 West working), and there can be weather issues when heavy rains hit the South Carolina uplink site....but it is an interesting new alternative that transmits in "normal" MPEG-2 without having to also decode AC-3 audio. So go for it!

Blind,
It's there and it has 10 channels (not all of the chhannels have tv stations on them), it has what you are looking for, I get it at 40 SQ on a 90cm dish here in south New Jersey.
The SCETV was mentioned before on other threads.
Mike Lib

Thanks to all for the replies! Mike had the info on his site and since I hadn't seen it elsewhere I thought I'd double check. I figure hey it's something else to watch. Thanks again Blind:)

If the above freq doesn't lock, I'd recommend trying a slightly higher frequency. The actual freq is higher that that listed above. My twinhan will NOT tune the above freq, and the Twinhan freq is usually very accurate. The 11959 freq may work on some (blind scan) receivers, but it won't work on some tighter frequency receivers such as the Twinhan.
Also, this mux is mainly intended for broadcast to schools, so most of the channels are true educational channels. Over the years, sometimes they've had full time PBS on one channel, some times they haven't had a PBS channel, and still other times they have PBS on a channel at certain times of day but not others.
At this time, at least during the day, they seem to have a nice selection of channels on there, with PBS, Create, and a couple other interesting channels, but be aware that this could change. I haven't tuned in the mux at night or weekends recently, so I'm not sure whether the schedule changes or not.

I am able to receive the SC PBS channels on my 3' KU band dish here in CT about half of the time, not real strong but watchable of the 8-10 chs. there's usually only programming one 3-4 at any given time, the rest have classical music and say SC ETV I believe.

Ok here what i have on my Cs5k the South Carolina PBS mux scans in 11 channels
TP=11985 V Sr 11.280 my Sq is 70% right now i am in NE Kansas they scan in as
1= SCETV DVB= Slate vpid 308apid 256ppid 8190
2=301vpid 070apid 088ppid 070
3=302vpid 066apid 064ppid 066
4=303vpid 062apid 066ppid 062
5=304vpid 058apid 056ppid 058
6=305vpid 054apid 052ppid 054
7=306vpid 050apid 048ppid 050
8=307vpid 046apid 044ppid 046
9=308vpid 042apid 040ppid 042
10=309vpid 038apid 036ppid 03811=310vpid 034apid 032ppid 034

Last edited:
I switched around what my dishes were pointed at and they are a nice addition to those PBS channels on AMC21. On a slightly different schedule.

I lock them at 70-75Q on the Diamond using a 90cm Ariza dish.

I switched around what my dishes were pointed at and they are a nice addition to those PBS channels on AMC21. On a slightly different schedule.

I lock them at 70-75Q on the Diamond using a 90cm Ariza dish.

Glad to see you got them I like the South Carolina PBS mux the best been watchin them for years

I have had these channels locked into my Coolsat 5000 using a 76cm Winegard dish in eastern Nebraska. They were very low power and would not be very stable. I usually detected the signal quality on the 5K between 63-66%.

These are on the SCETV FEEDS TP 11.959 Vertical (SR 4340, FEC 3/4) on 63.0W. There were ten channels that I could pull in. One was the Create channel and one was SCETV main channel, but the rest were feeds and usually displaying color bars and test tone when inactive, so they can be found (locked) at any time when the signal is strong.

The satellite was Estrela do Sul when I had these channels locked in. Now I see that it is Telstar 14, so I do not know if they are still there or if their power level has changed for the better or the worse. I cannot seem to locate them with my AZBox and a 1.2M dish.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts