67W and 50W dishes install, please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vsolovyov

Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Iowa
Hello,
I'm going to install dishes in Iowa, Monticello and setup it for following satellites:
Intelsat 1R at 50.0°W (Claro TV)
AMC 4 at 67.0°W (Media Networks Latin America)

I found some information regarding dishes I need:

67W:
EIRP level = 35.52 dBW
Recommended dish size = 250cm / 98.4in

50W:
EIRP level = 33.7 dBW
Recommended dish size = 290cm / 114.2in

But this is my first time installing dishes, please let me know if this is correct.

Also, should I worry about LNB ? I have some, the label on it says DP PLUS DIGIAL LNBF.

Thank you!

Something seems very off here. First time installing dishes and you're heading straight for the massive commercial type stuff. And you're targeting two pay services that don't sell to US consumers. I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but unless this is indeed a commercial venture, it's approaching impossible for someone with no experience.

As USDownlink said, these are encrypted channels. I assume you have a legal source for the needed receivers?

I believe that the DP Plus LNB is a Dish Pro LNBF for Dish Network. Circularly polarized and the wrong frequency range, so it won't work for you.

The channels you are looking for are in the 11,000 to 12,200 GHz frequency range and the polarization is linear. You also need a LNBF with an LO frequency that matches what their receiver is expecting. For example 9,750 or 10,750 GHz. So you need the specs of their receivers first, before getting an LNBF

For Monticello, Iowa, an EIRP level of about 35 dBW from 67W seems plausible. But you are outside of the footprint map, so that is extrapolating out from the edge, a very dangerous thing to do. A 250 cm Ku dish is not an inexpensive consumer item. You could spend thousands of dollars for one and then find it wasn't big enough.

For 50W the footprint maps show more like 47 dBW, not 33.7. If that is correct, you should be good with a 30 to 36 inch dish.

There is one unscrambled channel in the Claro mux from 50W, TBN Enlace. IMHO, if you are serious about this, get a 36 inch dish with a universal LNBF and a FTA receiver. Get some experience picking up TBN Enlace, then work up from there. If it doesn't work out for you, you will only be out a few hundred dollars, not the thousands that what you're proposing would cost.

Yes, kind of weird. Maybe the OP isn't aware of all the free Spanish channels available, of if they like to pay for TV, there are services like Dish Latino here in the U.S.

Claro appears to be operating in Brazil, so presumably they would carry a lot of Portuguese content. That alone might make them an attractive option. If lost_mesa is correct about the footprint, and vsolovyov already negotiated the grey market (or otherwise has a valid IRD, again, perhaps as part of a business arrangement) then the few problems left to be solved are actually fairly easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts