7 1/2 foot portable C band Bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

C64C64!!

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
What do you guys think about my new portable 7 1/2 foot portable satellite dish?
No motor but is very easy to set up and is light and small when folded down. It folds like an umbrella. It has an lna with a down converter. Is an lnb any better or is it just an lna all in one? It came with a uniden UST 500 Receiver. I have another Receiver that is a 4dtv whith the descrambler but it is also very old. Channel wise for FTA CBand would they pick up the same channels or would the Old 4dtv pick up the same channels?

Attachments

• b8c4.jpg
    b8c4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 611
  • f2b7.jpg
    f2b7.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 505
Nice find! you should replace the lna with a lnb with the lowest temp rating you can find as your lna is probably around 100 degrees or so rating. Your 4dtv receiver will get the digital programing ava to BUD (subscription) and your old Uniden will pick up the analog in the clear channels...(Commodore 64 :D )

Last edited:
That is a NICE find. :up
Any idea who makes it? Could you take a picture with it folded up sometime?

I agree that getting a new C/ku LNBF would be best but would try what you have to see what you can get with it. What are the numbers on the the LNBs you have now. A picture of them would be GREAT.

Thanks

C64C64!! said:
What do you guys think about my new portable 7 1/2 foot portable satellite dish?
No motor but is very easy to set up and is light and small when folded down. It folds like an umbrella. It has an lna with a down converter. Is an lnb any better or is it just an lna all in one? It came with a uniden UST 500 Receiver. I have another Receiver that is a 4dtv whith the descrambler but it is also very old. Channel wise for FTA CBand would they pick up the same channels or would the Old 4dtv pick up the same channels?

Wow!

I would love to have one of those:D

That is a great looking dish. Killer find. The uniden receiver looks pretty good too.
I have a uniden president c-band analog receiver that i use for analog wild feeds and to position my dish.

The LNA and downconverter is pretty old technology being seperate devices.
New Lnbf or if you choose to use a servo motor driven polarity, a Co-rotor II with a C and KU lnb is good too. The modern electronics have a much lower noise temperature and more stability than the older stuff.

You may get good performance out of the old stuff. A friend of mine had an old lnb that was 75 degrees that he used for 4dtv for a while, it actually did pretty good mounted on a 10 solid dish.

I use a 7.5' mesh Sami dish for 4dtv and it works great. I have an Astrotel "el-cheapo" 20 degree c-band lnbf and a dms international .6 KU lnbf mounted on a homemade hillbilly engineered feed (I do live in WV you know:D )

I get great signals from all sats from amc-6 to amc-8.

I slaved a fortec ultra lifetime dvb box to my 4dtv setup giving me a host of non-mainstream programming that is quite interesting.

Have fun a good luck. Great find-trucker:)

truckracer said:
I would love to have one of those:D

That is a great looking dish. Killer find. The uniden receiver looks pretty good too.
I have a uniden president c-band analog receiver that i use for analog wild feeds and to position my dish.

The LNA and downconverter is pretty old technology being seperate devices.
New Lnbf or if you choose to use a servo motor driven polarity, a Co-rotor II with a C and KU lnb is good too. The modern electronics have a much lower noise temperature and more stability than the older stuff.

You may get good performance out of the old stuff. A friend of mine had an old lnb that was 75 degrees that he used for 4dtv for a while, it actually did pretty good mounted on a 10 solid dish.

I use a 7.5' mesh Sami dish for 4dtv and it works great. I have an Astrotel "el-cheapo" 20 degree c-band lnbf and a dms international .6 KU lnbf mounted on a homemade hillbilly engineered feed (I do live in WV you know:D )

I get great signals from all sats from amc-6 to amc-8.

I slaved a fortec ultra lifetime dvb box to my 4dtv setup giving me a host of non-mainstream programming that is quite interesting.

Have fun a good luck. Great find-trucker:)

Could you please post pics of the homemade hillbilly engineered feed ?

Wyr

My Other LNBF is a California Amplifier, C-Band DUAL POLARITY LNBF, Pulse controlled H/V Switching, Model No: 31477, Gain:62dB Typ., Input:3.7-4.2 GHz, Noise:30K. Now It only hase a cable connection and one white wire coming out of it. Could someone tell me how to hook it up?

The Dish is a CYBEREX CN-7500. Diameter 7.5 Feet, F/D ratio 0.4, Gain 37.2dB, Half PWR beam Width 1.7Degres, Shipping weight 60lbs, Shipping size65.4" x 10.4" x 10.2"

C64C64!! said:
My Other LNBF is a California Amplifier, C-Band DUAL POLARITY LNBF, Pulse controlled H/V Switching, Model No: 31477, Gain:62dB Typ., Input:3.7-4.2 GHz, Noise:30K. Now It only hase a cable connection and one white wire coming out of it. Could someone tell me how to hook it up?

I do not have a 4DTV , but seem to remember you can set up the menue for a LNBF ?

Of slave it to a FTA receiver ? Unless the Uniden has the capability to work with a voltage switched LNBF ? Some of the latter analog receivers could do this .

Single white wire ? Is it the coax feed ?

You will have to manually / physically rotate the LNBF for skew , to mazamize picture clarity & then tighten down the mount .

Wyr

Single white wire, And A connection For the RG59 or 6. I do have a fortec star (ultra lifetime) fta receaver also.

There is also what looks like a red led on this. I am asuming it lights up when on. Inside the lnbf there is two pins insted of a rotating Beam. I am asuming insted of rotating it switches between the two pins.

C64C64!! said:
Single white wire, And A connection For the RG59 or 6. I do have a fortec star (ultra lifetime) fta receaver also.

No Idea what the single white wire is ? Unless it is a ground ?

Wyr

C64C64!! said:
There is also what looks like a red led on this. I am asuming it lights up when on. Inside the lnbf there is two pins insted of a rotating Beam. I am asuming insted of rotating it switches between the two pins.

I have a DTV LNBF with the red LED , really helps when aiming the dish .

Yes , one prob is H & the other is V .

It is made so that when the receiver outputs 13 VDC , one polarity . When it outputs 18 VDC , it changes polarity .

Ku LNBF's are the same way .

Wyr

Here are some pics of the LNBF and the Dish folded down.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 338
So can I just hook this up to my fortec star and should it just work?

C64C64!! said:
So can I just hook this up to my fortec star and should it just work?

That is my guess , unless the wire does something we are not thinking of ?

Should not hurt to find out .

Wyr

Yes that is the way it works. Your receiver should work fine with it.

Thanks for the pics and specs. If you plan on only using this from time to time make sure you dry it out as best you can before putting it away. It is a RARE find indead. I am having trouble find much on the internet about it.

Keep an eye on it, grease it up to keep it all working well, and paint parts as needed.

C64C64!! said:

I recall a guy selling one of thoes at a swap meet about 20 years ago. He hinted that the performance was poor.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts