7-1/2 ft dish and a Tracker System V.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jacaha

Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
texas
I have 7-1/2 ft dish and a Tracker System V. I haven't used the receiver because I do NOT have a remote. But, since I had a G-Box laying around, I hooked up a Pansat 2700 Receiver and get a lot of sats in. But I am only using a C Band LNB that came with the dish. I am going to buy a C/Ku LNB. So if anyone on the site knows what kind of C/Ku LNB I need, I appreciate if you would contact me. However, I do have a Chapparel California Amplifier LNB with Servo Motor, but I think that it might be a regular C-Band. Can I add a Ku with this same LNB

I have 7-1/2 ft dish and a Tracker System V. I haven't used the receiver because I do NOT have a remote. But, since I had a G-Box laying around, I hooked up a Pansat 2700 Receiver and get a lot of sats in. But I am only using a C Band LNB that came with the dish. I am going to buy a C/Ku LNB. So if anyone on the site knows what kind of C/Ku LNB I need, I appreciate if you would contact me. However, I do have a Chapparel California Amplifier LNB with Servo Motor, but I think that it might be a regular C-Band. Can I add a Ku with this same LNB

Here is a site that does a great job giving you the skinny on LNB'S , LNBF'S and so forth. Sounds like you come from just about the same era of SatTv, i.e. the analog days as I do. The difference is that I had to build my receiver from scratch before the likes of the Drake series came along. So now I am faced with the same learning curve of making the transition from analog to digital.
My dish is a modified AT&T terestial 12 foot solid spun aluminum with side skirts to reduce TI. Made my own motorization and so forth. I too am changing the setup or better said updating. I chose a combination C/Ku band LNBF from Sadoun. Super people to deal with. I still have the Houston Tracker IV Plus, which I had to repair due to major voltage spike. A Hammerblow actuator, which I had to overhaul and the manufacturer is no longer. I too had an LNA with Chapparel feed and the Polarotor. Yes, you could put a Ku LNB with that but by the time that you add up all the cost for the bits and pieces that you need you'll have done better with my earlier suggestion. The other factor is " What kind of a dish is it ? " If the holes are too big then it may not work too good on Ku band. Don't know what the specs are for that and am sure that others may have a dish similar or the same as you and can give you better input. You should have a bang up of a signal with your dish due to the gain. The new LNBF'S are better than what you have from earlier years due to improvement in technology. The LNBF's have ( usually ) a built in electronic switch ( Diseq ) to switch between C and Ku band and the polarity is switched with 13 and 18 volt signals therefore doing away with the need of a polarotor ( mechanical ) which also had sensitivity problems ( spikes, weather and so forth ). I've repaired a few. I realized that I've most likely made you more confused, sorry. I'll try to be more specific down the line if I can help you more. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)