7.1 rec. help please!!!

I sure hope you are right. The Pioneer was the first decent receiver I ever purchased. Before that I just had the $299 kit that came with speakers as well.

You got that straight Charper. THX certification is nothing more than an added expense for royalties. THX is marketing hype.

It may just be marketing hype but it does make a receiver sound good. I am getting really excited about my new Onkyo. Just checked the shipment and it is in town and on the truck for delivery!!!!:D Should have it all hoked up and rocking the house right after work.

That is why I stressed the word quality when talking non-THX marked units. In reality THX is not a recording technology, a sound field setting, and it does not specify a sound recording format; all sound formats, whether digital (Dolby Digital, SDDS) or analog (Dolby SR, Ultra-Stereo), can be "shown in THX." THX is mainly a quality assurance system; a licensing program. Almost identical to manufactures tagging items as "SE" or special edition; 99.9% of the time it means nothing more than a nice ID badge. And as stated in numerous tests, if your viewing/listening room does not also conform to the myriad of THX standards, having a THX marked unit really doesn't give you anything useful for the extra money that license costs you. That said my RX-Z9 is THX/THX Ultra2 badged but was not purchased with that need or necessity.

I own the TX-SR604 Jag and I love it, I don't see how you'll be disappointed. For the question that someone posed, yes it grabs the audio out of the HDMI or passes it on. The 2 HDMI and 3 component imputs along with the nice front panel input that even takes in DD it's a nice unit. I think the price/features put it in a good price point.

It was very easy to setup/configure with the on-screen display (through compoenent only) Much less mind-numbing then my older Sony and JVC receivers. Let us know how your experience goes.

When I arrived home from work, a wonderful box awaited me. The receiver is not as deep as my old Pioneer which was great because there was a little more room in the cabinet for the receiver. The setup was easy with the auto setup function. The system sounds great. I am really impressed so far with this receiver. Still a lot of playing to do but so far so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)