7", $30, LCD TV to use for FTA setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I won't recommend this for any actual TV watching, but it might be good enough to use for dish setup out in the yard.
I use a 7" monitor-only , and I'd call it just adequate for the job.
But, it's small and it's light so that makes it very useful.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1955508

This claims to be a 720 TV, but its screen is not 720, so don't be distracted.

That sounds like a deal and a good idea! I usually lug a 13" crt for setup and it sure seems bulky and clumbsy. You did give me another idea since oh-mama (wifey) capped my spending since I am trying tp save up for 922 repairs (or replace) and a AZBox. My daugher has a 7" portable DVD player with a video input. It sure is going to a lot nicer using that - if she lets me! :D

yeah Dan I'm the same way. I have a 13" TV I use to aim the dish farm....better than that 19" I use to lug around :)

Have a 19" in the garage for the C-Band dish. That stays in there year round

I use this gorgeous ;) 5 inch B&W TV for all my fixings on the roof, I think it cost like 19 or 20 bucks

2rh5opy.jpg

Well, that didn't last long. The TV is now priced at $114 and the rebate link is missing. Also the path in from slickdeals doesn't work anymore.

In truth, it wasn't that good. :(
But, as with anything on the 'net, you snooze, you looze!

Just yesterday, I was looking at a 12 mega pixel camera for $70
Today, it's gone and I didn't get it. - :rolleyes:

Never know what tomorrow will bring.

I picked up a non operational (wouldn't read discs) portable DVD player with a 10" screen and video input for 10 bucks on eBay. It came with case, A/V cables, and power supply. The battery was in good shape so along with a Traxis 3500 I've got a lightweight portable dish alignment system.

I bought a two screen DVD set with the hopes of using the screens form a eBay seller, for around $50, a couple years ago. The set would have sold for $150 new. The DVD player kind of worked after replacing the ribbin cable, but recently quit.

I have tried using it as a satellite screen, but find the size small to see the detail of the text screens on the DVB receiver. It might be fine for analog. My TV of choice is a 13" portable color set.

When I played with C-band in the early days, I had a 5" "Hospital" TV, which was color. Around here, the regular hospital rooms have no TV included, but you rent one, which is a 5" color set that gets its power over coax and has an articulating arm system, and has the speaker disabled so you must use earphones.

how about using one of them video senders units that works on uhf channels on old analog small b/w tv so you don"t have to have the receiver near by and does any of the impeg fta receivers works with uhf remotes ? like my 920 does I got a small portable dvd player with battery charger with video inputs when setting up my S1 dvb receivers which I'm working on weekends setting up dvb with old primstar dishes at a friend house

Last edited:
i use my trusty PS One with LCD screen. Works great and is great watchable picture and sound.

How do you get the signal in? I've got one that looks just like yours, the external antenna input looks like a earphone jack.

Ebo

I have several of those TV sets, I bought them at HH Gregg when they used to run sales on them a few years ago. The cheapest I paid was like $14, the older ones had the RF only output...the newer ones also have the A/V jacks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)